BDCFT Acute Inpatient Services have funded some new roles for pharmacy technicians to work on our inpatient wards. Successful candidates will administer medicines to our patients at medication rounds, support admission and discharge medicines reconciliation, provide a full medicines management and optimisation service to the wards and play an important role in the physical healthcare of our inpatients.
The postholder will work closely with pharmacy staff including pharmacists, other pharmacy technicians and assistants.
Full training and support to administer medicines will be provided.
To provide medicines management technical pharmacy services in order to improve the quality of patient care within Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust.
Duties are varied but will include:
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values:
- To undertake medication administration rounds
- To screen patients on admission to the Trust, contacting GPs and / or other healthcare providers to ascertain the patient’s medication history and advising Trust staff of identified discrepancies.
- To provide smoking cessation advice to inpatients
- To identify potential pharmaceutical issues that may arise during discharge planning and work with multi-disciplinary teams to resolve.
- Dispensing and issuing prescriptions, including accuracy checking
- Providing advice to patients and carers
- Supplying stock items to dispensaries and wards
- Assessing patient’s own medicines for use during the inpatient stay
- Helping to ensure that all activities within the area of work comply with departmental procedures.
We Care- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference
We Listen- We understand people’s views and respond to their individual needs
We Deliver- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.
Please read the attached Job description and person specification for further details about this role.
5th February 2023
06th February 2023