A top 50 ranked firm is recruiting a corporate lawyer to join their team in London.
This firm is a leading and award winning international commercial law firm with 850+ people, including 185 partners and legal directors, with offices across the world. The firm provides expert advice and strategic guidance to its clients, acting as trusted advisors providing commercial solutions to clients in their specialist markets. As a full-service law firm, they offer a complete range of commercially legal services with teams specialising in a range of disciplines. The firm's most notable market sectors include marine, transportation, retail, transport and logistics, insurance, health, education, international trade, banking and financial services, and a broad range of industrial, commercial and financial clients. The firm's clients include multinational companies, major corporations, UK plcs, insurance companies, UK and foreign banks and financial institutions, public organisations, private individuals and professional bodies.
The well established and highly regarded corporate commercial team prides itself on their high-quality combination of technical expertise, commercial acumen, and market knowledge to help provide clients an excellent service. The team offer their large range of clients from large listed companies and private equity funds to smaller start-up and owner- managed businesses and management teams on the full range of transactions - both domestic and cross-border. The corporate department work in small partner led team, providing clients easy access o partners on transactions. They have a thriving Capital Markets, Mergers and Acquisition and Private Equity practice.
As part of your role your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting on AIM and/or Standard List and/or AQSE IPO
- Supporting on RTO to AIM or Standard List or AQSE
- Supporting the verification process
- Supporting acquisition and disposal of assets and/or shares
- Supporting due diligence and disclosure process (be it in relation to buy side legal due diligence work or sell side legal disclosure work); including preparing/reviewing legal due diligence responses
- Preparation and finalisation of disclosure letters
- Drafting and negotiating the terms of transaction ancillary documents (such as completion board minutes, deeds of waivers, resignation letters, Companies House forms etc.)
- General corporate work including corporate restructurings, shareholders agreements, joint ventures and limited liability partnership agreements, specifically drafting the principal documents
- Assisting with business development and tenders including (where appropriate) research about clients and targets
- Opportunities for exposure to clients and transactions with a particular focus on emerging markets.
- Sector focus including resources, technology, pharma and bio technology
To be successful in your application, you will:
- Be a qualified solicitor.
- Have experience in corporate law.
- Ideally, have exposure to Capital markets, M&A, Private Equity and Alternative Investment Market.
- Have a law degree (o equivalent).
- Be able to demonstrate keenness to develop legal client relationships.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Be proficient in use of legal document management systems
This is a rare and exciting role to come out of such a highly regarded firm, with broad exposure to a range of corporate work and client sectors. This is a real opportunity to develop your skills and progress your career within a supportive expert team.
Please apply as directed or confidentially contact Aidan McAvinue at Search Legal for more information. Alternatively, if this role is not for you, I am working a variety of other corporate opportunities with ranked teams in the City London so would be interested to talk to any corporate lawyer.