20036334Posting End Date:
January 27, 2023City:
WRHA CorporateWork Location:
Health Sciences CentreDepartment / Unit:
Pharm Assistants/Technicians Grp 4 - HSCJob Stream:
MAHCP-PHARM HSCAnticipated Start Date:
Days;Evenings;WeekendsDaily Hours Worked:
7.75Annual Base Hours:
$21.290, $21.930, $22.588, $23.266, $23.965, $24.685
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.Position Overview
Under the general direction of the Drug Distribution Manager, the incumbent is responsible for: Technical: providing assistant relief in one or more functional areas of the department as required. Projects: participating in various projects within the department, under the direction of a Manager or designated pharmacy preceptor. Clinical Services: participating in job shadowing/clinical experiences under the direction of a Manager or designated pharmacy preceptor. Educational: participating in didactic and experiential educational programs.Experience
- Current enrollment in the University of Manitoba College of Pharmacy, or other accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Knowledge of medical terminology essential.
Qualifications And Skills
- Current registration as a student with the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba.
- Knowledge of information systems technology and software preferred.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including fluency in the English language.
- Demonstrated competency in pharmaceutical calculations.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and independence in planning work to meet demanding schedules.
- Ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with other individuals.
- Supports the Philosophy/Mission/Goals and Objectives of the WRHA Pharmacy Program and the sites it services.
- Maintains confidentiality in all hospital/patient/resident related matters.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
- Good physical and mental health to meet the position demands.
- Standing, lifting and repetitive motion.
- May be required to travel to other sites.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.