We are currently hiring a Pharmacist for Canada’s leading provider of specialty pharmacy services to seniors. The Pharmacist will be responsible for ensuring all prescriptions are dispensed accurately and safely while providing a high level of pharmaceutical patient care. Some of the seniors encountered will be verifying safe and appropriate medication administration, assessing and dispensing critical medications, rapidly responding to palliative care prescriptions, and arranging drug deliveries with the delivery team. This is a full time, onsite, benefits eligible position located in Lethbridge Alberta.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and follow all practices consistent with local laws and regulations
- Maintain a high level of customer service and patient care
- Work closely with the dispensary team and the clinical on-site Pharmacists to advise nursing staff and customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment and health-care supplies
- Provide information and advice regarding administration, usage, drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage
- Maintain customer medication profiles and records, including but not limited to pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, etc.
- Receive verbal prescription orders and accurately reduce same to writing in adherence with local laws and regulations
- Evaluate appropriateness of prescription orders with consideration for patient safety and legal requirements
- Complete medical reviews
- Review and provide analysis of medical information for trends and updates
- Capture necessary information in software for patients' files and update administration team
- Work collaboratively and support efforts of team members
- Currently Licensed in good standing (RPh) in the Province of Alberta
- Experience with KROLL Pharmacy software
- Strong computer skills (40 – 60 wpm keying)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interact and build relationships with patients, co-workers, and other health professionals
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excel in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail with a quality assurance (QA is critical) focus
- Demonstrates consistent exceptional patient care and customer service
- Organized approach to workflow
- Positive outgoing attitude and ability to work in a team environment
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.