For over 59 years, Yurek Pharmacy has set the standard for pharmaceutical care in Southwestern Ontario. From product and medication recommendations, to community outreach programs, to diabetes consultations and flu shots, we are committed to providing superior products, advice, and services to help our clients to get the most out of life.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and personable Pharmacist to join our Yurek Pharmacy team in St. Thomas, Ontario.
The Pharmacist provides client counselling and acts as a resource person to all staff and other professionals including nurses and doctors. They are accountable for checking prescriptions received and provide authorization to release medications as well as counselling patients regarding each new prescription prescribed. The Pharmacist is empowered to use their best judgment to provide any level of service that is required by our clients to ensure their total satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assists clients and other staff members as required.
· Trains patients on diagnostic monitors and blood pressure machine if required.
· Answers client and doctors’ enquiries.
· Counsels clients on the safe use of medications and equipment.
· Staff supervision and training, ensuring that all staff members perform their duties in accordance with the relevant job descriptions.
· Conducts or arranges for training as required by your manager.
· Completes all quality control functions and quality improvements tasks assigned
· Initiates and addresses Corrective Action Requests issued and Action Plan items assigned to them.
· Ensures the proper recording of prescriptions, including narcotics, and controlled drug records.
· Develops a collaborative relationship with community doctors, nurse practitioners, and other health care providers.
Job Skill Requirements
· Holds a B.Sc.Phm. or similar degree.
· Three (3) months’ experience in Kroll dispensary software an asset.
· Current licensure with the Ontario College of Pharmacists is required.
Yurek has a very competitive compensation package and other perks including:
· Opportunity to receive discretionary bonuses twice per year
· Health/Dental/Life insurance benefits package
· Education Assistance Program for approved courses to upgrade knowledge/skills.
· Group RRSP with Employer contribution
· Waived dispensing fees at pharmacy as well as being able to purchase all retail and home healthcare items at cost
· Opportunity to work in a family business where you immediately are treated like family and have an opportunity to grow quickly
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will only be used for candidate selection.
Yurek is committed to a barrier-free respectful, and accessible work environment. Upon individual request, Yurek will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment and selection process.