Neighbourly Pharmacy is looking for a part-time or full-time Pharmacist to join our Westhill, Nanaimo, BC location at Pharmasave. Pharmasave Westhill has been serving the community for years. Pharmasave Weshthill offers an incredible assortment of products that include health and beauty, vitamins, minerals, and supplements, household products, food items and more.
Neighbourly Pharmacy is Canada's largest and fastest-growing network of community pharmacies. With over 279 locations, our team of experienced industry leaders are passionate about providing exceptional patient care to our communities. We have been recently recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We know that our people are our most valuable asset, and we take pride in helping our employees realize their career goals.
The Pharmacist is responsible for dispensing prescribed medications and offering consumers and healthcare professionals consulting and advisory services. They must ensure that prescriptions are filled with the correct dosage, dispense medications to clients, and inform them of side effects, drug interactions, and dosages.
- Ensure accurate preparation of medications for patients, ensuring all clinical checks and therapeutic appropriateness of prescriptions dispensed
- Work closely with addictions teams to combat substance use disorders
- Provide pharmacological information by responding to all healthcare professionals in the patient’s circle of care
- Provide information on medication regimens including counselling on prescriptions and over the counter/behind the counter products
- Ensure all documentation is maintained in accordance with legislation and standards of practice including narcotic and controlled drug records
- Participate in inventory control processes ensuring accurate perpetual inventory records
- Support the Pharmacy Management in supervision and training of support staff
- Engage and participate in expanded scope of Professional Services ensuring patient focused services as deemed appropriate for the patient
- Participate in company quality assurance initiatives ensuring continuous quality improvement
Qualifications & Skills:
- Licensed and in good standing with College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a retail Pharmacist (preferred)
- Certificate of Injection for Drug Administration
- OAT certification
- Experience in Kroll
- Experience working in a retail environment
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
What we Offer:
Neighbourly is proud to offer you employee stock ownership plan, RRSP matching, competitive compensation and much more!
Neighbourly Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to deliver accessibility and equality to all job applicants, staff and our customers. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired