LMC Pharmacy is a consultation-based pharmacy specializing in diabetes
training, education and comprehensive medication assessments. We are co-located in LMC Healthcare clinics, Canada’s largest specialist care provider in diabetes, endocrinology & metabolism.
work collaboratively with the endocrinologists and clinic team to deliver patient education, training, medication management, MedsCheck services as well as medication dispensing and medication administration (injection) services.
Our progressive team is looking for a Pharmacist to join us on a permanent, full-time
basis at our LMC Barrie
- Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, the Pharmacist will support the pharmacy by providing diabetes counseling, training, education, comprehensive medication assessments, and medication therapy management services for patients
- The Pharmacist will provide focused care to a growing base of patients with diabetes and other endocrine conditions
- Collaborate with endocrinologists and other clinic colleagues to provide the best care to patients
- Support all responsibilities related to pharmacy operations including but not limited to medication/supplies dispensing and administration
- Interest in helping people with diabetes improve their health and wellbeing
- OCP Part A licensed pharmacist in good standing
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) – current certification
- OCP Injection Certification – current certification and first aid
- 4-5 years of Ontario pharmacy practice and diabetes education experience preferred
- Must have previous retail pharmacy experience
- Kroll proficiency and EMR experience an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
Why LMC might be right for you!
- Consultation-based practice setting
- Collaborative clinical environment with a team of top specialists in diabetes and endocrinology
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment, with labs
- Ottawa Clinic hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP Contribution Matching
- Education Allowance (days and funding)
- Employee Appreciation Days Off
- Additional Holiday Closure
LMC Healthcare provides six industry-leading programs areas:
- LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology – specialist practice (publicly-funded) representing the largest group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited LMC Diabetes Education Program (publicly-funded)
- LMC Pharmacy – specializing in diabetes care
- LMC Chiropody & Foot Specialist Care
- LMC Optometry & Eye Specialist Care
- LMC Manna Research – Canada's largest clinical research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
At LMC Healthcare, we’re transforming diabetes care by making it more accessible, comprehensive and patient-centric than ever before. LMC has 13 multi-disciplinary centres of excellence and 19 clinical research sites located in 4 provinces (Ontario, Alberta, Quebec and British Columbia). Our 50+ Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by an interdisciplinary team of highly qualified Medical Office Administrators, Medical Assistants, Registered Nurses, Registered Dietitians, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Optometrists, Opticians, Optical Assistants, Chiropodists and Clinical Research Professionals.
LMC Healthcare is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
Powered by JazzHR