****NEW POST ****This post leads the Pharmacy Clinical Service to the Surgical Care Groups. This post and team are based across the 3 main sites of the Trust.
On a daily basis you will oversee a team of Clinical Pharmacists and Clinical Pharmacy Technicians working in the risk assessed clinical pharmacy ward service. Many of the surgical wards receive a unique technician led service. There are 3 senior pharmacists in post for surgery.
As this is a new role, there is a unique opportunity to help shape the team and the service that they provide to meet the surgical patient needs with the future workforce.
As a Senior Clinical Pharmacist, you will be working closely with the other team Leads and the Lead Clinical Services Pharmacist supporting overall development of the Pharmacy Clinical Service.
We are a team that supports flexible working with >90% of Senior Clinical staff on a flexible working pattern.
The post holder will be responsible for
- Leading, developing, management and delivery of a proactive and patient focused quality Clinical Pharmacy Service to Surgical in and out-patients at all 3 sites.
- Management directly or indirectly of all Pharmacists working within surgical Services
- Leading and Delivering an effective Medicines Optimisation Service to the Surgical Care Groups (Head & Neck and Surgery & Anaesthetics) across the Trust which will include:
- Improving all aspects of Medicines Safety within both Care Groups
- Providing expert advice on Medicines to Clinicians, patients and Carers
- Undertaking research and clinical audit
- Developing, implementing, clinically govern and risk manage, Policies and Protocols across the Trust.
- Deputising for the Lead Clinical Services Pharmacist, Director of Pharmacy at Departmental, Trust, local, regional, national or international level where appropriate.
- Contribute to the vision and development of Pharmacy Clinical Services and associated Workforce
There has been significant change at EKHUFT Pharmacy, over the last 2 years we have received significant investment to the services that we provide and are now deliver a
- 6 day chemotherapy service
- 7 day clinical service to acute admissions.
- 7 day Clinical service to Acute Frailty Unit
- 7 day Clinical Service to ITU
- 7 day operational service with clinical support.
We have recruited to our first consultant pharmacist post.
We currently have projects on-going including:
- Technicians working in our Emergency Department/ Pre-admission clinics
- Hypertension service to GP Practices in K&M
- Secondments of junior staff to Mental Health Trusts
Our vision is 'great healthcare from great people'. Everything we do is guided by our values: ‘People feel cared for, safe, respected and confident that we are making a difference’.
We have a new way of working at East Kent Hospitals, called ‘We care’. It’s about empowering frontline staff to lead improvements day-to-day. We’re looking for compassionate people to be part of our improvement journey for the patients, families and carers we care for every day.
The Trust is committed to supporting flexible working to fulfil our pledge as part of The Trust’s People Strategy to help staff to achieve a healthy work/life balance. Please speak with your Recruiting Manager for further information and opportunities.
Please scroll down to access the full Job Description and Person Specification located in 'supporting documents'.