SGH is seeking a highly motivated and experienced research associate to work within the Antimicrobial Resistance Research Laboratory. The successful candidate will assist Principal Investigators on research projects and clinical studies involving bioanalytical methods based on therapeutic drug monitoring and various bacterial-based omics platforms using, uHPLC, LC/MSMS, LCQTOF/MS and other techniques.This position will require the candidate to perform the following:
- Supervise and lead junior staff in ongoing research projects, perform wet-lab experiments, sample collection and processing in accordance with in-house established research protocols.
- Efficiently carry out independent bench work, inventory organization and have first-hand working knowledge of liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry instrumentation operation and maintenance, assist in preparation of clinical service reports and maintaining of proper documentation.
- Review literature to assist Principal Investigator in drafting of grant applications, IRB applications and scientific manuscripts.
- Develop study plans, analyze data and provide interpretation of study results for dissemination or local and overseas scientific presentations.
- Supervise/train junior staff or external collaborators with regards to instrumentation and established routine protocols.
- Master’s in applied chemistry, Analytical Science, Biomedical Science, Applied Science and/or any general disciplines in Chemistry.
- Dynamic, self-motivated and has a keen sense for troubleshooting/problem solving.
- Meticulous in handling of specimens, experimentation and reporting of laboratory results and findings in a timely and organized manner.
- Able to handle human specimens such as blood, urine or tissues.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, written and oral.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Primary skillset required: 2 or more years of hands-on experience directly working with liquid chromatography and/or mass spectrometry. Experience in quality control or quality assurance environment is advantageous.
- Competency in computer literacy skills. (strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheet)
- Able to multitask and work under tight deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills for data processing and statistical analysis. (Python, R, SPSS etc)
- Candidate must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated.