As a Pharmacy department, we work across all of the Trusts sites to support Medicines Safety. As a diverse team which includes (Pharmacists, Pharmacy technicians, Pharmacy assistants and a Nurse) we are growing year by year with new opportunities to make an impact on patient care.
This post has been developed to support and represent pharmacy for the Endocrinology speciality and to be a key part of the dedicated pharmacy team for the General and Specialist Medicine (GSM) Care Group to ensure it is innovative and effective for the future, to support the development of the workforce and to ensure patients receive medicines safely and with the best outcomes.
Today, the team at East Kent Hospitals will care for more than 2,000 people. Most of these people and their loved ones will be at a significant moment in their lives – an emergency situation, a diagnosis, a new life, a last chance to say goodbye, or a new chance to learn or regain skills.
That’s why if you are passionate about people, you’re the perfect fit for us. Our vision is ‘great healthcare from great people’ – if you are great at what you do and want to work in an environment where you can give your best, come and be part of us!
In return, we promise to give you all the opportunities and development we can, so you can enjoy a great career with us. We also offer great reward packages like fantastic discounts to enjoy whatever you are doing in your time off.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Leading, developing, management and delivery of a proactive and patient focused quality Clinical Pharmacy Service to our Endocrinology speciality within the General and Specialist Medicine (GSM) Care Group for in and out-patients at all 3 sites.
- Management directly or indirectly of the Pharmacy team working within Endocrinology.
- Leading and Delivering an effective Medicines Optimisation Service to the Endocrinology team across the Trust.
- Improving all aspects of Medicines Safety within the Endocrinology Speciality.
- Providing expert advice on Medicines to Clinicians, patients and Carers within Endocrinology.
- Undertaking research and clinical audit
- Developing, implementing, clinically governing and risk managing, Policies and Protocols across the Endocrinology speciality.
- Deputising for the Lead General and Specialist Medicines Pharmacist, at Departmental, Trust, local, regional, and national level where appropriate.
- Contribute to the vision and development of Pharmacy Clinical Services for the GSM Care Group and associated Workforce
We have a new way of working at East Kent Hospitals, called ‘We care’. It’s about empowering frontline staff to lead improvements day-to-day. We’re looking for compassionate people to be part of our improvement journey for the patients, families and carers we care for every day.
We offer a full package of benefits, including a car lease scheme; on-site childcare; generous annual leave in line with NHS terms and conditions; high street and public transport discounts; a 24/7 staff support service - and the little things that make life easier, like on-site Amazon lockers and fresh fruit and veg stalls.
NHSEI have always been clear that staff have a professional duty to get vaccinated and it remains our best line of defence against COVID-19. As such NHS organisation including Primary Care, are encouraged to continue engaging with and supporting their staff to inform their decisions in order to drive vaccine confidence, protect themselves, patients, and everyone else. NHSEI has produced COVID-19 vaccine communication materials.
Please scroll down to access the full Job Description and Person Specification located in 'supporting documents'.