Do you enjoy working with people, dealing with a variety of challenges plus delivering actual benefits to make a true difference? This is an exciting opportunity for motivated Pharmacists to join our Integrated Pharmacy workforce providing a service to Brighter Birkenhead Primary Care Network (PCN).
The PCN are a group of 7 GP practices working together to provide joined up services to support their patients to live happier, healthier lives. You will join an experienced and dynamic team that includes GPs, Nurses, Health & Wellbeing Coaches, Care Coordinators, Social Prescribers & Physiotherapists to provide clinical pharmacy services to our local population.
We have embraced collaboration to achieve a system wide overview of the patients’ medicines journey. This helps you identify how processes can be improved when patients move between care settings and become part of the system wide pharmacy family. You will be supported to complete the CPPE PCPEP pathway.
The Role Will
- Support the PCN to ensure the delivery of safe, effective systems for repeat prescribing, medicines optimisation, reducing medicines waste and maximising patient outcomes through structured medication review.
- Be responsible for the development of better understanding of the principles of medicines optimisation throughout the practice teams and promoting good practice in line with clinical and operational guidelines.
- Clinically support the pharmacy technicians with medicines reconciliation post discharge and other medicines optimisation projects.
- Answer clinical queries from local GPs, NMPs, local trusts other ARRS roles and other services such as care homes.
- Build strong relationships with community pharmacy and trust pharmacy colleagues.
- Support patients with their medication and provide advice regarding benefits, risks and side effects.
- Support improvements in patient care and the development of integrated pathways across primary and secondary care.
We pride ourselves on providing the best possible care for patients whilst creating a safe environment for our staff. Our clinical services are highly regarded as is demonstrated by the significant investment the PCN has made in the team.
Benefits Of Joining The Wirral Integrated Clinical Service
- Being part of a successful integrated team.
- Wrap around professional and education support for successful candidates
- Underpinning support from the safety, education/training and wider pharmacy team
- Opportunity to develop a system perspective to support our ‘healthcare without boundaries’ approach
- Access to consultants, pharmacy specialists and general practitioners
We are proud of our approach, maximising staff satisfaction and developing staff to reach their potential. Staff satisfaction scores are high and we proactively seek feedback to continue to improve. We have a strong focus on development via a range of qualifications and a proactive process for appraisal and PDPs.
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Debra Jones Job title: Pharmacy Office Manager Email address: Debra.firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone number: 07795 060705