2 positions available
To increase the capacity of Primary Care Pharmacy Team an opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Pharmacist to join the team in Aviemore and the surrounding area. We are keen to hear from people who would wish to work on a part time or full time basis. We can offer flexi-working.
This role provides an opportunity to support the delivery of the primary care clinical pharmacy service. You will join an established pharmacy team responsible for delivering clinical pharmacy and medicines management input to a range of primary care settings.
The role involves working with GP Practices as part of a multi-professional team to optimise safe, quality, evidence-based and cost-effective use of medicines. The role of the Primary Care Clinical Pharmacist is continually developing into a clinical, patient facing role in both healthcare and domiciliary settings.
NHS Highland Pharmacy Teams are renowned for implementing new and innovative ways of working and for continually developing the roles and responsibilities of pharmacy staff. Training, education and personal development is a priority of the team and there will be opportunities for further training and education as the service and role evolves.
You will have relevant post-registration experience of pharmacy practice, sound clinical knowledge, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and good IT skills. You will have a Masters degree in Pharmacy or equivalent and be on the practising register of the General Pharmaceutical Council. You should have a relevant postgraduate qualification in clinical pharmacy or equivalent experience. Ideally you will be an independent prescriber or be willing to work towards this.
The post will involve travelling so a full, current driving licence and use of own car for work purposes is essential. Informal enquiries to: Wendy Laing, Pharmacy Team Lead (NABS), email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information For Candidates
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please click on this link https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser "Google Chrome" or "Microsoft Edge" when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland