We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated pharmacists or trainee pharmacists to join our team and develop our services at ward level and within the pharmacy department. You should be a keen learner, passionate about your clinical development and able to communicate well at all levels.
As a rotational pharmacist here, you will gain exposure and experience in general medicine, surgery, endocrinology, care of the elderly, fractured neck of femur, technical services (6 month rotations) and medicine information.
You will undertake a comprehensive induction programme within the pharmacy department when you join us to ensure you settle into the role and department; this will include a general introduction to pharmacy at PAHT, completion of logs for checking, coordinating, medicine reconciliation, IP and TTA validation. You will have the opportunity to work and learn with experienced pharmacists on our acute assessment unit and frailty ward, whilst being supported throughout by our pharmacy education and training team and your line manager.
We actively support the development of our team to ensure they learn and grow with us. We are able to offer support with your professional development, including specific funding allocated for the Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy Practice and Non-Medical Prescribing course. Once achieved you will be actively encouraged to apply for your next step when positions become available.
As part of the Pharmacy team you will:
- Work to provide a dispensary based Pharmacy service to select, dispense, validate and check- in-patient, out patient and discharge prescriptions as well as counselling patients
- Take part in the provision of clinical services to all wards at Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust as well as other trusts to which pharmacy provide a service- monitor prescriptions at ward level as well as offer advice to Doctors, Nurses and other healthcare professionals
- Provide support to our Medicine Information Service as well as our Technical Service Unit
- Undertake the Diploma in General Pharmacy Practice
- Maintain registration, as a pharmacist, with the General Pharmaceutical Council, and to act in accordance with the code of ethics.
This is an exciting time for PAHT. Over the next five years we are on a digital transformation journey, leading us to our brand new hospital. You’ll be supporting our organisation in a diverse and challenging role; a role which can make a significant difference to our patients, staff and the future direction of our services.
Our people demonstrate energy and commitment towards improving the care and experiences provided to our patients and the drive to be an ‘outstanding’ organisation.
It’s never been a better time to join us.
For further details, please refer to the attached job description and person specification, available to download at any time.