Are you looking a for a challenge ? are you enthusiastic? then this is the job for you. The Pharmacy Department at East Kent NHS Foundation Trust are looking for the right candidate to join our Pharmacy Dispensary team at The Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital
You will be based within the pharmacy dispensary and further training will be given in all aspects of hospital dispensary services.
Any successful applicant for the above post will also be expected to participate in flexible working which will include weekend, late duty and bank holiday rotas.
Previous applicants need not apply
Main Duties of the Job Include:
- To undertake the Accuracy Checking Course for Dispensing Assistants and carry out the final check of listed dispensed items clinically approved by a pharmacist, following Standard operating procedures.
- To support the section managers in the delivery of a comprehensive service to East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust.
- To assist in the provision of a safe, efficient and effective pharmaceutical service, with particular emphasis on the dispensing of in-patient and out-patient prescriptions and discharge summaries to wards and departments within the Trust.
The organisation is currently launching its new improvement focus in the form of an improvement system called We Care. The We Care System is a fundamentally new model that the organisation will be shifting to, it champions empowerment, promotes innovation and will bolster the connection and collaboration of staff throughout the organisation.
The We Care System utilises a multi-layered approach to improvement allowing staff to develop and produce a variety of ideas to combat the issues and problems that have been identified. The system allows for the deployment of:
- Strategic Initiatives which are long term projects and focus led and driven by our executive
- Trust Priority Improvement Projects which are short term projects allocated to a range of project teams made up from our staff groups focusing on impacting our True North metrics and breakthrough objectives
- Ward Based OMS which delivers daily management and continuous improvement on the frontline
Please scroll down to access the full Job Description and Person Specification located in 'supporting documents'.