We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated clinical Pharmacy Technician to join our progressive clinical pharmacy team at Chesterfield Royal Hospital Foundation Trust. This new role will be supporting the implementation of virtual wards within Derbyshire and is an exciting opportunity to get involved developing a new service. Applications are welcomed from Pharmacy Technicians in any sector with relevant clinical pharmacy experience.
The virtual ward environment of this role would be suited to applicants who desire flexible or partial working from home arrangements.
You will work closely with the multidisciplinary team to provide a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to the virtual wards, delivering medicines optimisation to a range of specialities including respiratory, cardiology and frailty. Effective communication will be essential given the remote nature of the role, providing clinical pharmacy support to the virtual ward team and to patients.
A key focus will be to work closely with patients, ensuring they get the most out of their medicines and providing pharmaceutical information and advice whilst on the virtual wards. Supporting medicines management during the transition of care into and out of the virtual ward environment will be essential, engaging stakeholders within both primary and secondary care to ensure patient safety.
The pharmacy team at Chesterfield Royal Hospital is modern, pro-active, forward-thinking and well respected both locally and nationally. We have won individual and team awards for innovation and clinical excellence.
Chesterfield Royal is North Derbyshire's only acute district general hospital, with 24 hour Emergency Department services. We're responsible for providing care and treatment to more than 400,000 people who live in our communities. We are modern, well-resourced and in commuting distance of Sheffield, Derby, Nottingham and close to the Peak District. The Care Quality Commission has rated the Trust as ‘Good’. Our vision is to be an outstanding provider of sustainable healthcare services, delivering the best possible care to our patients and being a great place to work for our people.
- To lead the provision and development of pharmacy services to the virtual wards.
- To work with nursing and medical teams to improve the quality of patient care.
- To identify and resolve, by referring to the prescriber, pharmacist or patient record where necessary, problems and errors in prescribing of a technical nature.
- To obtain and document accurate medicines reconciliations in a timely manner from service users/carers/care providers and identify and work with the multidisciplinary team members to resolve any anomalies found.
- To dispense or facilitate supply of medicines in accordance with professional, legal and ethical standards and in agreement with departmental performance standards.
- To work with clinical and dispensary based pharmacy teams to improve the quality and efficiency of medicines management to patients, ensuring compliance with national standards (e.g. CQC, RPSGB)
- To work with primary care partners to improve the provision of medicines related information at discharge and to provide a point of contact for resolution of queries and incidents relating to discharge.
- To provide a source of advice and expertise on matters relating to the provision of medicines and medicines information at transfers of care.