Homerton Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is a forward thinking organisation which provides hospital and community health services to the diverse population of Hackney, the City and surrounding communities.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an innovative and enthusiastic Band 6 Pharmacist to join our friendly Pharmacy Team!
The post holder will participate in a structured rotational programme gaining experience and training in:
- Ward and Clinical Pharmacy (Admissions, Medical, Surgical and Care of the Elderly)
- Medicines Information
- Dispensary Services (including Oncology, Clinical Trials and High Cost Drugs)
The successful candidate will also be supported in gaining a post graduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy.
Homerton was the first Trust in East London to adopt a comprehensive Electronic Patient Record system which includes e-prescribing. As all adult in-patient prescribing is electronic the post holder will receive full superuser training on EPMA and automated systems in order to support all other clinical staff with prescribing, administration of medicines and medicine management.
We are looking for a motivated pharmacist with a "can do" attitude and the ability to overcome challenges in the day to day operations of the Pharmacy service while maintaining the high standards expected by the GPhC, the Trust and our patients. You must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Main Duties Include
- To provide a high-quality pharmacy service to wards and core pharmacy services in each rotation, under the direction of the lead pharmacists.
- To be responsible for the clinical screening of prescriptions & accuracy checking.
- To update clinical and professional knowledge through organised training and private study.
- To contribute to the training of pre-registration pharmacists.
- To contribute to the smooth running of the Pharmacy and participate in the late duty, Saturday, bank holidays and emergency duty as per rota.
- To undertake 3 monthly controlled drug stock checks on allocated wards.
- To complete DMS referrals for patients as required.
- To monitor standards of storage of medicines on wards and ensure that they comply with the Trust’s Policy for the Safe and Secure Handling of Medicines.
- To always follow standard operating procedures and to report to the line manager any occasions where SOPs cannot be followed.
- Any other relevant duties, as directed by the Section Head or Pharmacist in charge.
Homerton Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is a high performing and flourishing organisation serving the population of Hackney, East London, The City and beyond.
We are extremely proud of the fact that Homerton Hospital has recently attained the highest possible rating of "Outstanding" from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Our integrated Trust provides comprehensive hospital and community health services for its local population and a range of specialist services for a wider group of patients. In addition, the Trust manages services out of St Leonard's Hospital and the Mary Seacole Nursing Home.
Homerton aims to ensure equality and value diversity, and we are committed to inclusion for all of our staff. This is reflected in our policies, procedures and People Plan. All of our staff are expected to embody our Trust values at all times.
We are also committed, through our Fair Recruitment Standards, to ensuring all applicants are treated fairly.
Homerton has a proud tradition of supporting and developing its staff, including its well-regarded and valued nursing community, and all staff are able to take advantage of a great range of benefits.
Homerton is proud to have been included on the HSJ & Nursing Times Best Places to Work list.
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Izla Teeluck Job title: Lead Pharmacist for Clinical Informatics Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone number: 0208 510 7252