Are you a Pharmacist ready for an adventure to NZ?
Embark on your journey to the “adrenaline capital”, Rotorua, New Zealand. We have fantastic opportunities to provide you with a great work and lifestyle experience!
Gain new skills, expand your contacts, broaden your worldview and make new friends, all while gaining valuable professional experience!
Immerse yourself in the Rotorua’s rich culture & adventure activities. The region boasts some of the best walking tracks and mountain biking NZ has to offer, 11 Lakes to enjoy any water sport that tickles your fancy and the mighty Lake Taupo only 1 hour away, day tripping distance to snow fields and beaches.
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated Pharmacists who are able to register in NZ to join our Pharmacy team supporting our clinical pharmacy and dispensary services, based at Rotorua Hospital.
We are in a unique position to offer flexibility in the type of position you may want.
You may be:
- a recently qualified pharmacist who wants to experience all facets of hospital pharmacy as a rotational pharmacist, or
a more experienced pharmacist with or without postgraduate clinical studies who is ready to take on more clinical responsibility, or a pharmacist who wants to develop expertise in a hospital dispensary and medication supply& logistics
or an experienced clinical pharmacist with postgraduate qualifications who is ready to take on more independent ward responsibility and work towards specialising in a specific area of interest.
The Rotorua Pharmacy Team is looking for someone who:
- will be a flexible team player, with a diligent approach to your work.
- will be a problem-solver with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- will participate in the development of clinical services and implementation of eHealth initiatives.
- will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, excellent time management skills, be consistent, reliable and accurate in your work, and enjoy learning.
- will have a very high standard of ethical and professional practice.
- will be customer service focussed.
- is able to demonstrate an understanding of clinical services relevant to transitions of care (admission and discharge).
We seek a person with a good sense of humour who is willing to share their learning experiences with the rest of the team while wanting to develop and grow their own skills.
This is an excellent opportunity:
- to work in a small collegial team with lots of variety in your daily work
- to not be stuck in traffic while travelling to and from work and get free parking while at work.
- to balance your working life with countless outdoor and social activities - adventure and water sports right at your doorstep, the beach or snowboarding/skiing as a day trip from Rotorua.
Salary is dependent on expertise and qualifications.
Successful applicants must:
- Be a NZ Registered Pharmacist or eligible to register.
- Be willing to participate in rostered Oncall (about every 8 weeks).
Please do not hesitate to contact Jillian Sutherland, Pharmacy Manager directly to discuss this opportunity: email@example.com or 027 471 8238
If you think this sounds like you apply online via our website www.lakesdhb.govt.nz.