Job Title: Pharmacy Administrator
Trust Location: Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Would you like to be a part of a team that works well together, always there to help each other? If you answered yes, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is the place for you.
About the Trust
Oxford University Hospitals (OUH) is a world-renowned centre of clinical excellence and one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the UK. They became a Foundation Trust on 1 October 2015 and believe that this will enable them to work more effectively in partnership with their patients and their local community to provide high quality healthcare.
They provide a wide range of clinical services, specialist services (including cardiac, cancer, musculoskeletal and neurological rehabilitation) medical education, training, and research.
What you’ll be responsible for:
· To devise and maintain an efficient and effective administrative systems including, filing, message-taking etc.
· To ensure appropriate supplies of office stationery and pharmacy equipment are ordered via NEP and to process invoices and maintain stock control of departmental stationery levels.
· Assist in servicing of meetings i.e., covering for the Directorate PA with arranging and minute taking, providing administration support to the Pharmacy Directorate Executive Board and Senior Pharmacy Managers.
You’ll learn the following whilst working at the trust:
1. An in depth understanding of the roles and responsibilities involved in working within the NHS
2. Knowledge of the systems used, to effectively complete your role to the highest standard at all times
3. A sense of teamwork, gained through working alongside and supporting colleagues from all levels, within the organisation
You’ll have the following skills/experience:
· Excellent communication skills- both verbal and written
· Microsoft office skills- Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
· NHS System Knowledge- Healthroster and NEP
· Experience of working in an office environment
· Previous NHS experience (desirable)
As a member of NHS Professionals, you have fantastic benefits:
· Competitive pay rates- work this week, get paid next week
· Essential support when you need it- 24/7 365 days- call us anytime
· Multi locational- work across neighbouring Trusts
· Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go- access your “My Bank” shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
· Varied working options to suit your lifestyle- access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or longer-term placements
· Training and development opportunities- Keep up with the essentials and more
· Build holiday allowance for every shift you work- your work life balance is important to us
· Stakeholder pension scheme available- a flexible future for you and yours
Who are NHS Professionals?
We specialise in putting people in place to care. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
As an equal opportunities’ organisation, NHSP is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective Bank members and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and inclusion agenda and we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants form a range of backgrounds to apply.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
NHS Professionals manage your data, please see our Privacy Notice on our website.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary contract
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: £12.25 per hour
- Are you available immediately?
- Do you have previous NHS experience?
Work Location: One location
Reference ID: 60522