An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist to join our team, supporting patients under the care of Salford’s Virtual Ward.
As a Senior Pharmacist, you will be responsible for delivering a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service, encompassing new ways of working, and providing care to respiratory, cardiology and frailty patients within the Virtual Ward environment.
We are looking for someone with extensive clinical pharmacy knowledge and experience. You will need to have excellent communication skills, the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team as well as experience of supervising other staff and providing education and training.
The role will additionally involve leading and implementing service improvements and expansion. The successful candidate will be provided with support from an experienced pharmacy team, as well as opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Key responsibilities will include
- Service development and delivery, in line with national and local guidance
- Participating in MDT and Consultant Virtual Ward rounds
- Clinical pharmacy reviews of patients, virtually or face to face within the home environment, utilising your independent prescribing qualification as necessary
- Ensuring safe practice and development of guidelines and procedures
- Providing leadership on the use of medicines within the Virtual Ward environment
- Education and training of staff on safe and appropriate use and prescribing of medicines
- Work with key stakeholders across the interface of care to support with medicines related initiatives
- Support the delivery of other community medicines optimisations workstreams when required
- Work closely alongside our Home IV Antimicrobial Pharmacist
You will need access to a car for work purposes and a clean driver’s licence, as the role involves travel between bases and home visits.
The Diagnostics and Pharmacy Group is part of the Northern Care Alliance (NCA), one of the largest NHS organisations in the country. A place of science, innovation and transformational thinking, the Diagnostic and Pharmacy Group unites Radiology, Pathology and Pharmacy services across the NCA to create a cooperative group committed to delivering safe, consistent, and high-quality care.
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Grainne Lundrigan Job title: Lead Pharmacist – Community Services Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone number: 0161 206 1050
Tel. 0161 206 1050