This is an exciting opportunity for an assistant to join our expanding Pharmacy Homecare Team to assist us with the smooth running of the pharmacy Homecare service. This role is based at Unipart House.
The department supports Homecare activity across the Trust processing invoices relating to outsourced Homecare services that provide Pharmacy supplies direct to patients homes.
Experience is not necessary but a keenness to learn new skills, an eye for detail and good accuracy is a must.
This is a rapidly growing and developing area of Pharmacy, and offers the successful candidate an opportunity to support the team to expand the service that supports the clinical services throughout the Trust. Join us to be part of this growing and enthusiastic team.
The successful candidate will be supporting the clerks and technical team with administration tasks relating to the supply of medication.
The individual will be an active member of the team:
- By ensuring accurate processing of Homecare prescriptions
- Opening mail, matching invoices and credits to the relevant purchases orders and prescriptions
- By completing reconciliation of Homecare invoices
- Assist with the smooth running of the pharmacy Homecare service
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trustis one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research.
The Trust comprises four hospitals - the John Radcliffe Hospital, Churchill Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Headington and the Horton General Hospital in Banbury.
Our values, standards and behaviours define the quality of clinical care we offer and the professional relationships we make with our patients, colleagues and the wider community.We call this Delivering Compassionate Excellence and its focus is on our values of compassion, respect, learning, delivery, improvement and excellence.These values put patients at the heart of what we do and underpin the quality healthcare we would like for ourselves or a member of our family. Watch how we set out to deliver compassionate excellence via the OUH YouTube channel.
- To be an active part of the Pharmacy Homecare team providing financial and administrative services to the department.
- To assist and support the pharmacy homecare clerks with invoice reconciliation of Homecare invoices.
- To ensure that all invoices and credits are consistent with goods received or returned on the pharmacy computer system and resolve discrepancies when appropriate with regards to contract prices.
- Utilising pharmacy computer system effectively to pass invoices and find historical information.
- To open mail and match invoices and credit notes to relevant purchase orders/prescriptions.
- To ensure that homecare documentation is filed correctly and is kept up-to-date and accurately to allow swift and easy retrieval of records.
- To liaise with the Homecare technical team regarding discrepancies with invoices such as quantities received and value charged.
- To alert the Homecare Technical team of discrepancies between expected price and actual price.
- Record information accurately for audit purposes.
- Address supplier and customer queries by telephone and electronically, with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- To participate in Homecare and Procurement Team meetings to identify and resolve problems and suggest potential improvements as appropriate.
- To support new starters within the Pharmacy Homecare Team.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times, for example concerning issues of business sensitivity, personal information and patient confidentiality.