The pharmacy department of LNWUHT is undergoing significant modernisation and change. If you wish to be an integral part of this change - this is the opportunity for you.
We have an established competency based training scheme and support is available from both an assigned mentor and senior colleagues during individual rotations. You will take part in our CPD scheme and other in-house training programmes; opportunities exist to study for the diploma in general pharmacy practice.
The pharmacy department at LNWUHT are proud to be leaders in the practice of person-centred care, using a coaching approach in medicines-related consultations to support medicines optimisation. Our department offers comprehensive pharmaceutical services across site including a well-respected clinical pharmacy service supported by a dedicated TDM pharmacist, Specialist Pharmacists and a well-equipped drug information centre integrated into the Regional Medicines Information Centre. Other regional specialists units on site include the Clinical Pharmacy Unit. A large licensed ‘specials’ manufacturing unit compliments these services.
Applications from Trainee Pharmacists are welcomed with a view to a start date of 1st September 2023.
The main duties of the role are listed in the job description. A few examples are below:
- Provides specialist pharmaceutical care services to wards
- Ensures compliance with medicines legislation, national and local policies on all prescriptions clinically screened and dispensed for patients
- Reduces risks associated with medicine
- Provides advice to patients and medical staff about doses, possible side effects
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A&E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country’s top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark’s Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.
To view the main responsibilities, please see the attached the Job Description and Person Specification.