Up to £26000 DOE
Commutable from Bristol, Thornbury, Gloucester, Clevedon, Weston Super Mare
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and successful Manufacturer in a Technical Administrator role. The Technical Administrator will be responsible for coordinating information for new product specifications, updating and maintaining specifications when information is updated, checking new products developing from the NPD laboratory and converting them to product specifications and managing deadlines. Ingredient declaration will also be a key part of the role.
The primary role of the Technical Administrator will be to work with suppliers and internal cross functional teams to ensure required food safety, quality and legal standards are maintained through detailed specifications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Managing specifications, ensuring that the specs are reviewed and monitored
· Ensuring the specification matches the recipe and that the nutritional information is correct
· Assessing for any supplier information updates.
· Ensuring compliance to relevant legislation
· Maintaining the supplier database and supplier audit information - accreditations are up to date, supplier contact details are up to date.
· Able to identify errors and omissions within our production specifications
· Requesting accreditation certificates and reports from suppliers
· Maintaining data for product certifications (Kosher, Halal, Organic, RSPO,...)
· Ensuring Risk assessments of Raw Materials are carried out
· Conducting trending on supplier performance and compiling this information to present and analyse
· Building two-way relationships with suppliers
Key skills and experience
· Some Specification experience
· Previous food/drink/pharma experience
· Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
· Excellent attention to detail and good understanding of food legislation, HACCP
· Good communication skills
· Computer literate
Salary and Benefits:
• £up to £26,000 pa
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
• Annual bonus.
• Christmas shut down.
• Free tea and coffee.
• Free fruit delivered weekly.
• Free on-site parking.
• Company sick pay.
• Private Healthcare scheme after 1 year service
If this role is of interest, then please send your CV
Key Word Search - Raw Materials Technologist, Specifications Technologist, Food Technologist, Technical Admin, Technical Assistant, QA Manager, Quality Systems Manager, Quality Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Technical Support Manager , Technical Services Manager, Compliance Manager