National World / Smart Hire are advertising on behalf of an external client.
Pharmacy Manager / Superintendent Pharmacist
Our busy community pharmacy is a key part of the health and wellbeing of the residents of our local village(s). We strive to offer not only excellent customer service, but also to provide a range of services including Community Pharmacy Referral Scheme, Pharmacy Quality Scheme, Healthy Living Scheme, blood pressure checks and new medicines service.
This is a unique opportunity to join our large, friendly, dedicated and caring team, integrated closely with the doctors and staff of Leven and Beeford surgeries, including input into the Beeford dispensary. We are just 15 mins drive from Beverley and 25-35 mins from Hull.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Building close relationships with our local residents and patients, providing them with expert clinical advice and dispensing their prescription and OTC medicines.
- Leading the Pharmacy team to ensure an efficient, effective and friendly service
- Being responsible and accountable for ensuring compliance with statutory and professional requirements of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) ‘Standards for Pharmacy Professionals’
- Ensuring you and your team comply with SOPs and company policies
- Supporting staff training and development
- Maintaining close working relationships with the local GP surgery (next door)
- Maximising income / profitability of the pharmacy
- Be registered as, and fulfil the duties of, the Superintendent Pharmacist
We are looking for a professional and driven pharmacist who is passionate about delivering exceptional patient care: someone who is looking for a challenge, keen to develop our pharmacy and can work well under pressure. Additionally, you’ll need to have:
- Essential: A master’s degree in pharmacy (MPharm) and be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Preferred: At least 5 years Community Pharmacy experience
- Preferred: experience of leading a team and staff management (but training will be provided)
- Confident in dispensing effectively and providing expert health advice and information regarding other services provided
- A professional and approachable manner to build and maintain working relationships
- Excellent communication skills, able to be a role model for your team in delivering face-to-face interactions to a high standard
- Excellent salary package, negotiable according to experience
- Part time or Job share options considered for the right candidate(s)
- Up to 30 days annual leave (pro-rata) including bank holidays
- NHS Pension scheme (over 20% employer contribution)
- GPhC fees paid
- Discount on purchases from the pharmacy
- No late nights or weekend working
- Full support from our Employee Assist Programme including a health and well-being app
If this sounds like you click the 'APPLY' button now.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
Vacancy: Pharmacy Manager / Superintendent Pharmacist
Salary: £60,000 Annually negotiable dependent on experience
Location: Leven, Beverley