I. JOB PURPOSE
Assists pharmacist in managing operations and pharmacy technicians in the assigned section.Ii. Major Duties & Responsibilities
Iii. Specialised Roles/ Functions
- Guide Senior Pharmacy Technician in implementing operational andclinical competency training of new or junior staff and attachment students. Also periodically reviews all training plans for relevancy.
- Responsible for closure of all billing charges for the pharmacy section(s) and also ensure billing functions are carried in accordance to billing instructions.
- Responsible for work instructions and training of new staff with regards to cashiering and billing functions.
- Assist to derive the patient education materials
- Ensure that policies and procedures pertaining to Good Dispensing Practice are adhered to, and in line with legal requirements.
- Assist section in charge in attending to customer complaints and service recovery
- Review stockholding situation and par level regularly to ensure effective control of inventory. Ensure appropriate stockholding value.
- To organise the annual stocktake session such as manpower needed, preparation of count sheet and stock preparation including post stocktake follow up
- Responsible of the inventory accuracy and minimise discrepancy of the section(s) by putting in appropriate procedures
- Ensure the cleanliness is adhered in accordance to instructions and standards set including general maintenance of equipment in assigned area istimely done.
- Lead in various activities organized by the hospital, including QC, community projects, staff welfare, recreational activities, etc.
- Assist section in charge with the review of procedures and policies, and implement pilot schemes to improve workflows.
- Supervise performance, conduct appraisals, write reports and make recommendations for confirmation, promotion and training needs of subordinates.
- Set written assessments for new or junior staff and attachment students.
- Responsible in ensuring appropriate procedures (requisition, logistic, scheduling and charging) in place for request of compounded products
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining adequate staffing levels for Pharmacy to ensure that targeted service levels are met. Plans general roster and coordinates with roster master/mistress to allocate manpower for smooth flow of day to day routine work.
- Plan and coordinate training for new staff assigned to the section.
- Other duties as directed by the supervisors.
- Assist pharmacy in charges to review and auditmedication safety practices. Assist section medication safety in charges to implement medication safety and quality improvement projects and track outcomes. Monitor safety and quality trends and initiate change where applicable.
- Ensure that medication repackaging standard andquality checks are performed in accordance of repackaging standards.
- Ensure smooth running of daily UDP operations.
- Perform regular review of repackaging and quality check procedures.
- Liaise with external vendors and procurement to ensure smooth running of outsourcing activities
- Ensure staff are trained in processing medication orders for sterile and extemporaneous preparations according to USP guidelines.
- Ensure staff are trained in maintenance, sanitation and organization of clean room and related equipment according to policies and procedures.
- Lead, plan and implement IT projects
- Conduct higher level of training and provide staff orientation at hospital level
(e.g. to Doctors on steps of medication ordering on EMR)
- Oversees the progress of IT issues reported and CR request
- Appraisal of staff reported under him/her (junior IT staff or UDP staff)
- Able to perform complex data request and statistical analyses for operation needs
(e.g. bill reconciliation after a downtime recover and drug recall report)Job Requirements
Education/ Training / Experience
i. Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science OR Advanced Certificate Course in Pharmacy Support (Pharmacy Technician) OR Foreign Pharmacy Degree (non-registrable with Singapore Pharmacy Council)
ii. Has a minimum of 6-8 years working experience as pharmacy technician
iii. Possess related certification course in extended roles areas or related diploma/advanced diploma/degreeAttributes
i. Able to independently carry out assigned tasks
ii. Responsible and dependable
iii. Takes initiative
iv. Able to lead and direct
v. Willingness to guide and teach
vi. Good Computer Literacy
vii. Good customer service skills