Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and dispense medications
• Ensure medicines are topped up regularly to facilitate smooth dispensing process.
• Accurately pack and dispense all prescriptions according to set standards and guidelines.
• Counsel all patients according to Good Dispensing Guidelines.
• Understand basic drug regimens and alert pharmacists/prescribers on possible interactions.
• Promptly report to Pharmacy Executive or Pharmacists all problems and patients’ complaints.
• Provide specialised pharmacy counselling to patients so as to improve drug usage and therapeutic outcome.
• Provide professional and courteous service to all patients/customers.
2. Administration & Housekeeping
• Maintain and conduct regular checks on the equipment used in the pharmacy, e.g. refrigerators, weighing machines, computers, printers, fax machine, etc.
• Ensure proper housekeeping of the pharmacy premises and maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness at the work area and storerooms.
• Ensure that dispensing consumables are topped up at the dispensing counters daily.
• Monitor and replenish of stocks and any other items (e.g. patient information leaflets)
• Check the expiry and condition of pharmacy stocks at specified frequency.
4. IT & Automation
• Involve in the repackaging process and conduct quality control checks.
• Monitor the stock status of the repackaged medications and ensure the replenishment of stocks promptly.
• Monitor IT/Automation equipment to ensure that they are in working condition and to feedback to supervisor on malfunction issues.
5. Staff Training & Development
• Supervise and coach new employees
• Orientate new employees on activities and workflow.
• Maintain the security of stocks, premises & stored information.
• Comply to all standard security procedures for the store operations.
• Take action to prevent security incidents.
7. Quality Improvement & Assurance
• Participate and assist in implementation of quality assurance, quality improvement projects and activities.
• Suggest improvement to workflow and processes.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Reporting Officer
• GCE O or A level with at least 5 years of experience or Diploma with at least 3 years of experience/ Foreign trained Pharmacist with relevant experience
• Certified Pharmacy Technician Course for the GCE O/A level or non-relevant Diploma holders/ Relevant Diploma / Recognised Foreign Pharmacy Degree
• Possess excellent customer service skills and has good interpersonal skills
• Good team player and self-motivated.
• Must not be colour blind.
5.5 days’ work week
National University Polyclinics (NUP) - West region