PHARMACY ASSISTANT - CANCER AND ASEPTICS
Band 2 per annum.
Hours: 37.5 per week
The pharmacy at Milton Keynes University Hospital needs to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated individual, focussed on providing the best possible patient care and experience. You would work as an integral part of our team to help us deliver our departmental service to a high standard.
Due to exciting changes and significant expansion to the trust cancer services provision we are pleased to be able to offer a number of specialist posts within our pharmacy cancer services team. A new purpose built Aseptic unit opened in March 2020, this is co-located within the Cancer Centre building. The main pharmacy department has also undergone a major refurbishment project and installed a new dispensing robot.
We are a department of over 90 staff providing pharmacy services through team-working and prioritising the needs of those we serve. Based in the Aseptic Unit you will provide an excellent service to the trust ensuring prompt and efficient production and supply of medicines. Duties will include:
- Prepare a range of aseptic products when required.
- Carry out environmental monitoring and cleaning of the aseptic unit.
- Accurately dispense or check outsourced IV treatment, oral and concurrent medications.
- Dispensing for Inpatients, Outpatients and Discharge.
- Participating in the pharmacy late, weekend and bank holiday rotas.