The NHS SPS Medicines Advice Service is delivered in line with the NHS SPS Specification (December 2021) as commissioned by NHS England & Improvement (NHSEI).
The NHS SPS requires the post-holder to act as a Medicines Advice (MA) pharmacist for the NHS Specialist Pharmacy Service Medicines Advice for England as commissioned by NHSEI as outlined in the NHS SPS service specification.
This post is hosted by ESNEFT at our Ipswich Hospital site, the role will involve a mix of on-site and remote working.
The national specification for Medicines Advice includes a national provision of a medicines clinical enquiry service; provision of resources (through a dedicated website); and provision of professional support to the Regional Medicines Optimisation Committees to support best practice and the safe use of medicines.
The post holder will provide medicines advice expertise to deliver the MA clinical enquiry answering, and information and resources services for England. The post holder will work in collaboration with peers and under the direction of the relevant Advanced MA Pharmacist, on behalf of the relevant Hub Leads, to assist with the safe, efficient, cost effective and patient-centred development and delivery of the SPS Medicines Advice service, advising healthcare professionals on all aspects of medicines optimisation.
Interviews proposed for w/c 3rd April 2023.
- Provide medicines advice in line with governance arrangements for the SPS MA Service for England that enable and assure delivery against the NHS SPS service specification as commissioned by NHSEI.
- Participate in the Trust medicines advice service.
- Support the transformation of SPS MA Service for England.
- Maintain a theoretical and practical knowledge of medicines optimisation as it applies to medicines advice services.
- Where appropriate and under the direction of the Hub Leads or Head of SPS, act as a specialist resource nationally for the NHS SPS MA.
- Work as part of a high performing team to deliver the agreed strategy for the NHS SPS MA Service for England.
- Follow standards for the provision of the MA service in line with national guidelines/specifications to ensure an effective, timely and safe level of service that meets user's needs.
- Utilise your expertise to train others to deliver an expert, high quality, effective and stakeholder focused service to all areas of responsibility.
One of the largest Trust’s in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients’ own homes. You will be joining a team of over 11,000 amazing colleagues providing care to 800,000 residents.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health & Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8A
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Sarah Fenner Job title: Lead Medicines Advice Pharmacist Email address: email@example.com Telephone number: 07971 799835