Summary of the Analytical Chemist role
As the Analytical Chemist you will perform analysis and related activities in accordance with the requirements of Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
Based at our site in Cramlington you will work Monday - Friday day shift, 37 hours per week on a temporary basis for 12-18 months.
Please note that we would welcome applications from graduates with some relevant industry experience.Your responsibilities
Requirements for the role
- Performing analysis and reporting results in accordance with cGMP requirements.
- Investigating analytical deviations and out of specification results with appropriate rigour and contributing to their root cause resolution.
- Organising the calibration and maintenance of analytical laboratory equipment.
- Performing routine auditing of laboratory areas.
- Carrying out SAP transactions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performing technical transfers between internal and external customers.
- Supporting method validation and cGMP stability programs.
- Characterising reference materials for use in cGMP analysis.
- Developing, evaluating and preparing analytical methods and SOPs as required.
- Liaising with manufacturing, technical and operational quality personnel on relevant aspects of compliance and analytical atypicality.
- Embodying our company values, which are: be reliable, be caring, be transparent and be willing.
- Must have a degree in Chemistry or other relevant scientific discipline.
- Must have previous laboratory experience, ideally within a GMP environment.
- Previous experience of HPLC and GC techniques is essential.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to manage changing priorities.
- Previous experience with Chromatography Data Systems is essential, ideally Chromeleon.
Be caring. Be transparent. Be willing. Be reliable.
How you will be rewarded
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including bonus, pension scheme, private healthcare, Perkbox, cycle to work scheme, death in service coverage, on-site health and wellbeing support including medical consultations and physiotherapy, 24/7 employee assistance programme, employee referral scheme, sports and social club as well as opportunity for training and further career development.
Why consider Sterling?
Sterling Pharma Solutions is a global contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) with more than 50 years' experience in developing and manufacturing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). This is complemented by Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) research and development bioconjugation services.
We are a fast growing, dynamic business with facilities in the UK, US and Europe, where we employ more than 1300 talented and passionate people who support our customers in bringing new medicines to market, improving and saving the lives of patients.
Our culture and our way of working is what really sets us apart as a business; we aim to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers and our employees. You can expect to be part of a supportive team, all working towards a shared goal: to deliver first-class science and service to our customers every day.
How to apply
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online. For any queries or should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please contact
Sterling Pharma Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.