Avicenna is here to make Pharmacy Better. We make pharmacy better by having a lasting impact on the lives of our community, providing the best care, growing our reach to more patients and being smarter in safety and innovation.
Better for our People
Better for our Patients
Better for our Planet!
Avicenna are currently seeking a Support Pharmacist to join our team in Whitcombe Street Pharmacy, Aberdare, RCT
This is a great opportunity for a Pharmacist to join our well-established organisation, with the support of an excellent team.
Why join Avicenna?
We are the UK’s fastest growing group of community pharmacies and the country’s largest buying group, with over 139 pharmacies and over 1200 independent members, so what that means is that now is a great time to join and develop with Avicenna as we are expanding and s a growing Company you will also be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities available.
What will you be doing?
As the Pharmacist, you will be assisting the team to ensure delivery of a high-class service that is expected within our Pharmacies. It goes without saying that you will be providing excellent customer and patient care, it’s more than just dispensing medicine, it’s listening to and inspiring others whilst giving them your expert advice and reassurance.
- Delivering the pharmacy strategy through providing expert care and advice
- Accountable for legal and ethical decisions in the pharmacy
- Assisting the building of capability with the Pharmacy teams
- Conducting continual review through audit, observations, and risk assessment to ensure customer and patient safety is paramount
- Delivering a range of professional pharmacy services
We would love to meet someone with:
- A professional, caring character and a true desire to help others feel good.
- A Pharmacy degree and be registered with GPhC
- An understanding of pharmacy law and ethics
- Experience of delivering great customer service
- strong communication skills with attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
Pharmacists are at the heart of our business. We know how important it is to reward the great work they do. We have a range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit individual needs. These include:
Competitive base salary
Generous Annual Leave allowance - 25 days plus bank holidays
Flexible working – We have a range of vacancies that offer Full time hours and Part time hours
Company sick pay
Further accredited training
GPhC fees paid