CareRx is Canada’s leading provider of specialty pharmacy services to seniors. We serve more than 96,000 residents in over 1,600 seniors and other communities (long-term care homes, retirement homes, assisted living facilities, and group homes). We are a national organization with a large network of pharmacy fulfillment centres that allows us to deliver medications in a timely and cost-effective manner. We take an active role in working with our home operator partners to promote resident health, staff education, and medication system quality and efficiency.
Whether you do your best work in a dispensary, in a clinical setting, in an office, or on the road, we have a place for you.Position Summary
CareRx is in an exciting growth phase and is seeking to hire a Off-Site Pharmacist Lead
to join our great Specialty Pharmacy team located in Burnaby, BC. This is a full-time opportunity and prior experience in specialty pharmacy is an advantage, but not required. We offer benefits, vacation, a stable schedule, a positive team culture, and membership with a talented team doing meaningful work for nurses and residents of elderly care homes.
Under the general direction of the Designated Pharmacy Manager, this unique front line pharmacist position will participate in off-site medication administration at treatment facilities and clinical activities in partnership with home partners.Your Day to Day
- Front line medication administration activities at treatment facilities offsite such as in Abbotsford, Surrey, and other locations, in collaboration with home partners; and a group of other offsite health care teammates, such as nurses and other pharmacists.
- Schedule creation and management
- Liaison between families, residents, site leadership, and the operations team
- Ensuring the accuracy of prescriptions dispensed and consumed where applicable
- Liaison between the facility and the operations pharmacy to support seamless and continuous care.
- Providing professional functions related to dispensing including pharmaceutical care, patient counselling, medication reviews, liaising with other healthcare professionals and documenting interventions and dialogue
- A medication management consultant for home partners with a focus on treatment centre regulations and processes.
- Korean-speaking is an asset given the clientele at one of the offsite communities.
- Must be licensed and in good standing with the British Columbia College of Pharmacists, expected to adhere to the Standards of Practice with the British Columbia College of Pharmacists
- Experience in a specialty pharmacy is preferred
- Experience with Kroll an asset
CareRx welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.All applicants must successfully pass satisfactory background screening (depending on the role - Criminal Record Check, Credit Check, Driver’s Abstract, Education Verification, Current Professional Registration) and referencing. Background screening will be completed after an offer of employment has been extended and accepted.