- re you a registered Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician with an in-depth knowledge of the GPhC’s standards and responsibilities?
- Do you have experience in the implementation and use of technology in the delivery of pharmacy services particularly in a community or hospital setting?
- Do you want to apply your knowledge and experience to provide assurance to patients and the public about the quality of pharmacy services and help drive improvement?
If so, we welcome you to apply for our Pharmacy Inspector vacancy…
The GPhC works to provide assurance to patients and the public that the pharmacies on our register are practising safely and effectively. The post-holder will make an integral contribution to this aim by maintaining a programme of high-quality inspections of registered pharmacy premises through monitoring, supporting, and enforcing compliance in line with the GPhC’s standards.
Inspectors will also provide recommendations to the Registrar on the registration suitability of new pharmacies and work collaboratively with our Fitness to Practise team, giving valuable advice on pharmacy practice to inform investigations into allegations of pharmacy professional’s fitness to practise.
As the different forms of service delivery continue to grow, so does the scope of our inspections. Therefore, we particularly encourage applications from those who have a background in the use of technology in the provision of pharmacy services including hub and spoke dispensing, robotic dispensing, or advanced Patient Medication Record systems. A qualification in independent prescribing or experience in the provision of advanced clinical services are also desirable.
The GPhC values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, particularly those from underrepresented groups, including candidates who identify as black or from a minority ethnic background.
- Be a registered pharmacist or pharmacy technician with substantial recent experience of delivery of pharmacy services, preferably in a community or hospital environment.
- Have a solid understanding of the GPhC’s statutory responsibilities, relevant legislative frameworks, and operational standards and a good understanding of the challenges facing retail community pharmacies.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; have the drive to work independently and be a team player.
- Have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion.
In return for their commitment and enthusiasm, applicants can expect a rewarding and challenging work environment, good work-life balance and workload plus an excellent benefits package that includes:
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 5 days.
- A choice between two pension providers: NHS pension scheme or Standard Life.
- Flexible working arrangements including reduced hours and home working.
- Career breaks and sabbaticals.
- Car allowance
- Private medical insurance, life assurance, season ticket loan, bike loan and many more.
Follow this link to see our benefits guide [PDF 233 KB]
We are a respected regulatory body that regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain. It’s our role to make sure people receive safe and effective pharmacy care and have trust in pharmacy.
Our organisation has a long-term vision and a desire for highly skilled and specialist staff. We are committed to providing workforce learning and development opportunities.
Following the Covid-19 pandemic, we have adopted a hybrid working approach, which combines office and home working. Staff are predominantly home-based and office attendance depends on the nature of the role and the requirements of the team.
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive culture and are committed to holding ourselves to the same standards we expect of others.
If you feel you have the required experience and skills and would like to join us, please send your CV and covering letter explaining how you meet each of the criteria for the role, and where you found out about this vacancy to: email@example.com.