- Applications accepted from newly qualified pharmacists or those looking to join the full register in 2023*
Are you a qualified pharmacist or are you qualifying soon? Do you want to join a friendly, forward-thinking team committed to providing the best possible medicines care?
We are looking for organised, ambitious and motivated pharmacists to join our current team of band 6 rotational pharmacists. This is a developmental post and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to automatically progress into a Band 7 position once defined criteria set out in our Band 6 to 7 Development Programme are achieved - please see the attached job description for further details.
The successful candidate will be a pharmacist with excellent communication and organisational skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills to work effectively as part of the pharmacy team and the wider multidisciplinary team. A thirst to further yourself and take advantage of the learning opportunities available will be advantageous. Experience working within a hospital pharmacy setting in an NHS Trust would be beneficial but not essential, as training and support can be provided for the right candidate
Successful candidates will be strongly encouraged to undertake newly qualified pharmacist training (previously known as the clinical diploma) and obtain post-registration foundation status with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, with support provided for this.
- Providing a clinical pharmacy ward-based service with the opportunity to care for patients in a wide range of specialities which may include emergency medicine, surgery, cardiology, intensive care, gastroenterology, paediatrics, frailty, oncology/haematology and respiratory.
- Dispensing of medicines, clinical verification and accuracy checking of prescriptions.
- Giving advice to medical, nursing, other healthcare staff and patients on all aspects of the safe & effective use of medicines.
- Facilitating medicines reconciliation, discharge planning, and patient counselling assisted by our team of medicines management technicians.
We are keen to support flexible working opportunities where possible and if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the named contact on this advert or at interview.
Our hospital is an amazing place to work and we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about joining our team here on England’s east coast.
We are very proud of the JPUH and its people, and are continually seeking improvements to ensure that patients and staff have the most positive experience possible when they are here.
Our vision is to provide safe, high quality services delivered with courtesy and respect.
- In 2019 our services were rated as “Good” by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), with the responsiveness of our services rated as “Outstanding”
- As a teaching hospital, we are part of the University of East Anglia Medical School and have good links with the University of East Anglia School of Pharmacy.
- We are rated in the top 20% of Trusts nationally in the NHS Staff Survey
The East Coast Is a Great Place To Live
- Our Trust is located 5 minutes from Gorleston Beach, with its 3 miles of golden sands rated by Tripadvisor as the 8th best beach in the UK and given a Travellers’ Choice Award after being ranked in the top 10% of attractions worldwide.
- The Trust is located near the Broads National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) consisting of over 200km of waterways which also provide access to activities including boating, kayaking and paddleboarding.
- Affordable properties to buy and rent with prices below the regional average
Transport links to the city of Norwich, named by the Sunday Times as one of the UK’s best places to live
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Kalvin Scott Job title: Head of Clinical Pharmacy Email address: email@example.com Telephone number: 01493 452387
For further information please contact Kalvin Scott (Head of Clinical Pharmacy) - firstname.lastname@example.org