In partnership with Health Education England (HEE), Thames Valley CancerAlliance (TVCA) and the Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (GWH), we are excited to offer a unique opportunity for a leader with passion to take on the role of Strategic Cancer Workforce Development Pharmacist . The post is hosted by GWH on behalf of HEE and GWH.
This unique strategic network role will focus on the following areas to overcome current and future challenges in the Cancer Pharmacy workforce: looking at alternative workforce solutions, innovation, system and network focused working and doing things differently.
This fixed term strategic network role focuses on the following areas to overcome current and future challenges in workforce recruitment:
- Alternative workforce solutions
- System and network focused working
- Doing things differently
This strategic workforce development role will outline the transformation required within the Pharmacy and cancer workforce across the TVCA. This will be achieved through a program of work led by a proposed new TVCA Workforce Development Pharmacist (Band 8b), which will be hosted by GWH, and work collaboratively with the trust, TVCA and HEE
The key roles of the proposed TVCA Workforce Development Pharmacist:
- To develop a TVCA wide capacity and demand model and outline a network establishment requirement for a Pharmacy workforce
- To support the cancer elective recover program through releasing capacity and creating a sustainable clinical model for the future.
- To work with TVCA and outline strategy for future role for workforce transformation involving across the network. A steering group will be established to monitor the project, this will include HEE school of pharmacy.
- To support and role model early years professionals for a future career within cancer services in the TVCA footprint. Develop pipeline model for next decade.
- To be responsible for planning, developing, and managing education and training needs of Pharmacy workforce across the TVCA
- To work in partnership with TVCA and trusts within the network to develop and participate in research and innovation projects to improve quality care for cancer patients.
Our STAR values are at the heart of everything we do. You can expect to see them in the way we act and the way we treat each other. Our values make us who we are. We will expect your values and behaviours to reflect the STAR Values of the organisation:
- Service - We will put our patients first
- Teamwork -We will work together
- Ambition - We will aspire to provide the best service
- Respect -We will act with integrity
We are looking for someone with a passion for cancer pharmacy and interest in delivering professional services strategically across the TCVA network.. You will need to have excellent communication skills, to work effectively with key stakeholders and be organised to deliver program outputs. the ability We in turn will make sure that your new role is stimulating, exciting, rewarding and give you the opportunity to make your mark.
To support you in your role, at GWH Pharmacy we value a culture that is positive, compassionate, and inclusive. We have an environment where we learn, improve, and celebrate our work as one team that is fully focused around provided the very best care. Finally we want to be known as a department where we do not have to sacrifice our family, our friends or our interests to succeed in our roles.
We need you to be a resilient, credible leader that shares our values and has a passion for delivering the very best Pharmacy services. The successful candidate will demonstrate effective leadership qualities, capacity to deploy the Trust QI methodology and support the development of new service provisions through business case development.
The main duties of the role are included in the JD