Summary of the Financial Controller role
As the Financial Controller you will be a member of the Site Leadership Team reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller. The main purpose of your role will be to manage the Finances and Accounting through the Dudley site team and providing the necessary financial information to contribute to strategic decision-making within Sterling Pharma Solutions.
- Provision of regular and ad-hoc financial information to the Group Financial Controller, Group Financial Director, Chief Financial Officer, Dudley and Executive Management teams.
- Control of monthly revenue recognition and accrued/deferred income accounting process.
- Control of inventory reporting and provisioning.
- Production of financial and management reports including cash-flow projections, rolling revenue, profit and capital expenditure forecasts, annual budgets and statutory accounts for the Company.
- Design and implementation of financial systems/controls and financial models for forecasting and reporting.
- Responsibility for UK tax reporting.
- Review of product profitability and of capital expenditure projects together with making recommendations for future strategy.
- Promote a culture of enhanced commercial and financial awareness, continuous improvement, cost control and focus on value-added activity.
- Reviewing the opportunities for business process re-engineering to improve productivity, efficiency and profitability.
- Utilisation of standard accounting policies and procedures, under UK GAAP and adoption of recognised management accounting technique.
- Lead contact for the annual statutory audit.
- Embodying our company values, which are: be reliable, be caring, be transparent and be willing.
Requirements for the role
- Qualified ACA Accountant with at least 2 years post-qualification experience.
- Must be very knowledgeable about UK GAAP, taxation and financial reporting requirements.
- Computer literate with advanced experience of ERP software systems, finance packages and MS Office applications.
- Commercial experience of dealing with third parties is desirable.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to present financial matters to non-finance staff clearly and concisely.
- Ability to promote a culture of developed budgetary control, enhanced financial and commercial awareness, continuous improvement and cost control.
- Be able to identify opportunities for improvements to existing systems and methods in order to provide better control of costs and thereby improve productivity, efficiency and profitability.
- Able to support and coach managers during the budget setting process to ensure realistic and meaningful budgets are established.
How you will be rewarded
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including bonus, pension scheme, private healthcare, Perkbox, cycle to work scheme, death in service coverage, on-site health and wellbeing support including medical consultations and physiotherapy, 24/7 employee assistance programme, employee referral scheme, sports and social club as well as opportunity for training and further career development.
Why consider Sterling?
Sterling Pharma Solutions is a global contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) with more than 50 years' experience in developing and manufacturing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). This is complemented by Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) R&D bioconjugation services.
We are a fast growing, dynamic business with facilities in the UK, US and Europe, where we employ more than 1300 talented and passionate people who support our customers in bringing new medicines to market, improving and saving the lives of patients.
Our culture and our way of working is what really sets us apart as a business; we aim to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers and our employees. You can expect to be part of a supportive team, all working towards a shared goal: to deliver first-class science and service to our customers every day.
Sterling Pharma Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.