- The pharmacy porter, under supervision, will assist with the transfer of stock medicinal products, prescribed items, emergency medicines and all other pharmacy goods issued for transfer within the Trust.
- This will involve load handling and assembling fluids using a prepared picking list as well as visiting wards, departments and pharmacy units throughout the BRI site.
Daily duties require the post holder to relay goods and messages between ward and departmental staff as well as liaise with all other pharmacy teams
- Transport on a daily basis all medicines, fluids and enteral feeds to the wards and departments of the Bristol Royal Infirmary precinct using push/electric trolley and / or electric pallet truck
- Adhere to the manual handling policy at all times.
- Visit all wards/departments as per rota.
- Check/record ward stock/requirements for fluids as per rota.
- Inform supervisors and distribution staff of any discrepancies or problems with supply and/or with regard to issue of fluids made from pharmacy fluid store.
- Where wards/departments create their own fluid request sheets, said sheets must be passed to distribution staff to prepare picking list/s as per procedure.
- Ensure that all wards/department fluid stocks are kept “topped up” as per procedure.
- Transport all fluids towards/departments in a safe and timely manner
- Ensure that you visit all wards/departments at least three times per day to collect/deliver pharmacy stock as per procedure.
- All urgent deliveries must be made to the ward/department or pharmacy within half an hour of the request.
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as ‘Good’ overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds; city living within a stone’s throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we’re meeting our pledge.
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.