|We are hiring again!|
A great opportunity for a Clinical Pharmacist around Blackpool to work in Primary Care.
We are looking for a Clinical Pharmacist to join a well-established, high-performing team of clinical pharmacists for a GP Surgery in Blackpool. You will be working to deliver a professional and comprehensive medicines management service to the GP Practice and support the safe and effective use of medicines. You will be expected to review repeat prescriptions and advise on medication for individual patients in order to promote safe, cost-effective evidence based prescribing practice as part of the delivery the CCG’s QIPP plan. We are a friendly and committed team working hard to meet the needs of our 6000 patients. We use the EMIS Web clinical system and DOCMAN electronic document software.
Must be registered as a Pharmacist with the GPhC.
Salary: £43,000 - £49,000 per annum, depending on experience
⏰ Hours: Part-time - 35 hours per week
✅ Benefits: Access to NHS pension and 5.6 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
Applicants should have experience of primary care pharmacy practice; have good clinical skills and proven commitment to Continuing Professional Development. A postgraduate qualification in clinical pharmacy is essential. Sound influencing, negotiation and communication skills are essential for this role. Experience of successful change management and delivering education and training is desirable. You will, ideally, be a prescriber with clinical skills in dealing with minor ailments.You should have good IT and interpersonal skills, a good grounding in medicine optimisation/ management issues and be keen to learn. You will need to be motivated, able to organise your own work and work well both unsupervised and as a team member.
In brief, you will be expected to perform the following:
- Telephone medicines support for patients
- Medicines reconciliation within 72 hours post discharge/transfer of care
- Face-to-face clinical medication reviews with patients
- Acting as a point of liaison with community pharmacy
- Conducting audits/patient searches
- Desktop medication reviews without patients
- Overseeing medication safety alerts using risk stratification tools (such as Eclipse)
- Advising all clinicians on local medicines guidelines and formularies
- Advising all clinicians on antimicrobial prescribing stewardship
- QOF and QIPP support
- CCG directed GP + work on AF, Medicines Optimisation, Antimicrobial Stewardship and other contract areas
- Overseeing the repeat prescribing process
- Overseeing the monitoring of high-risk medicines
- Management of specific long-term conditions
- Producing and implementing practice policies
- Management of polypharmacy in complex multi morbidity
- Independent prescribing
- Care home visits
- Domiciliary visits
Join our telegram to receive more updates!
Primary Care Jobs: https://t.me/+V61IrG89eaBt06fC
Join us | Clinical Pharmacist Solutions
Latest GP surgery Clinical Pharmacist locum shifts and vacancies