Band 7 GPHC Registered Clinical Pharmacist.
List of duties:
- Dispensing and checking of prescriptions, including competent in the use of the computer system.
- To clarify poorly written prescription charts, discharge letters and other forms for prescribing.
- To query irrational or inappropriate prescribing, including unlicensed, off-licence and non-formulary prescribing.
- To support the Head Pharmacist in maintaining an efficient and safely operating pharmacy service and drug supply service to the wards.
- To help maintain and develop a clinically orientated pharmacy service to ward and outside units.
- To ensure the efficient supply of pharmaceuticals is maintained to the wards.
- To supervise pharmacy technicians as appropriate.
- Provision of drug information as necessary utilising the Drug Information Departments at local NHS Trusts, as appropriate.
- Interpretation of therapeutic drug level results and provision of professional advice where needed.
- To maintain and develop the 28 day one stop dispensing scheme on the wards as appropriate.
- To help develop the self medication scheme in operation at both hospitals under the supervision of the pharmacist in charge.
- To help develop discharge counselling at both hospitals under the supervision of the pharmacist in charge.
- To promote the Hospital Drug formulary for both educational and drug economy purposes.
- To help develop a pharmaceutical educational programme for nurses on each site under the supervision of the pharmacist in charge.
- To help develop the medicine reconciliation service on the wards.
- To advise on the development of guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures for pharmacy and wards.
- To cover leave of the pharmacist in charge at each hospital.
- To promptly act on drug alerts and drug recalls.
- To attend meetings in the absence of the pharmacist in charge as appropriate.
- To support, undertake and evaluate delivery of mandatory medicines management training sessions to support the training of clinical staff.
- Any other duties as required to maintain and develop the pharmacy service.
- To comply with the requirements of National Statue and local policy, including the Medicines Act, Misuse of Drugs Act, Health and Safety at Work Act etc, so that work done in the department is within recommended and legal parameters.
- To attend meetings in the Division, Specialty and Trust as necessary in order to fulfill job functions.
- Work as part of the Pharmacy team to cover for emergency duties and unplanned absence, and where agreed provide on-call duty within the on-call rota.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with this grade of post in agreement with the relevant line manager.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary contract
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £25.00-£28.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Birmingham: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Pharmacist: 1 year (required)
Work Location: One location