The Trust has an exciting opportunity for a full-time rotational pharmacist to join our pharmacy team.
- Have you recently registered as a Pharmacist?
- Are you an established Pharmacist who wants to deliver high quality pharmaceutical care using an electronic prescribing and record system in a hospital team?
- Do you want to work in a supportive educational environment?
If so, come and join us at West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust.
This exciting role will provide you with a range of rotational clinical pharmacy experience across various specialities within the Trust, as well as developing non-clinical skills.
What you can expect from us:
- A supportive, friendly team
- A rewarding role in a busy, fast-paced, team environment
- Career progression – training and education related to CPD/revalidation, pre- and post- registration
- Access to a range of employee benefits
- Quality of life and super location in Suffolk
You will work in a direct, patient-facing role ensuring the safe and appropriate use of medicines across the Trust. Through the structured rotation plan you will be exposed to, and work within, a number of clinical areas, including:
- Medical wards
- Surgical wards
- Admissions wards
- Medicines Information
- Aseptic Production
- Palliative care
- Antimicrobial stewardship
- Inpatient and outpatient dispensary
The department works on an extended hours, seven day pharmacy service on a rostered basis, as well as providing an on-call service out of hours, which you will be involved in.
We have a fully integrated electronic prescribing and medication record system known as e-Care, which is supporting the pharmacy department to improve and monitor the care that we deliver. We also have BD dispensing robot installed in May 2019, and the Trust has recently rolled out a real-time communication app for smartphones and desktops to replace the majority of physical pagers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £33,706.00-£40,588.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) registration (required)
Work Location: One location