You will work within the dispensary, preparing medication and providing excellent customer care, whilst supporting the dispensary in all daily duties. You will ensure that patients are always the first concern and will be eager to serve patients approaching the dispensary.
· Dispenses medication for patients registered to our practice only. This involves, labelling, picking, checking, bagging and handing out prescriptions to patients in line with the SOPs.
· Maintains records of medications received and issued and orders new stock, and ensures products are stored appropriately.
· Processes medication requests
· Ensures dispensary tasks and emails are processed in a timely manner
· Carries out end of day prescription counting
· Handles patient telephone queries related to the dispensary
· Disposal of returned unused medicines in accordance with Practice policies.
· Ensure all controlled drugs are secure in the controlled drug safe and controlled drug record is accurately maintained and that stock levels are correct to the records.
Must have skills
- responsible, accurate and methodical
- able to pay attention to detail
- able to read and carry out instructions
- to be interested in people’s health
- able to explain clearly to members of the public
- excellent communication, customer service, IT and manual skills.
- To ensure confidentiality and GDPR regulations are adhered to
There are no set entry requirements, but will expect good literacy, numeracy, and IT skills. Experience in a customer service role would be an advantage.
Training and development
You’ll be given the training on the job such as health and safety, use of IT systems, manufacturing medicines and dispensing prescriptions.
You will be offered the chance to complete the Pharmacy services assistant (level 2), if not already achieved.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 37 per week
Salary: From £13.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Free parking
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Derby, DE24 0GE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Pharmacy Dispenser: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Reference ID: PHARMACY TECHNICIAN