Are you looking for a role where you can develop you career in pharmacy?
Have you considered working as part of a team that is dedicated to delivering an excellent service and adding value to the care of patients?
Are you a highly motivated, enthusiastic person that possesses good attention to details?
If you have answered yes to all the above questions, then we need you to be part of team.
We currently have three positions for Senior Pharmacy Assistant in our warm and welcoming team, based at St Mary’s hospital site, which is part of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
You will be part of the busy Pharmacy Dispensary and Distribution Team, providing a high quality, patient focused dispensing and stock management service to the wards and clinics. You will also provide support to pharmacy stores.
You will need good computer skills, be able to work independently as well as part of a team, and so excellent communication skills are essential. In addition you will have the opportunity to work towards an NVQ Level 2 (QCF) in Pharmacy Service Skills.
- To assist in the provision of a high quality patient focused dispensing service to patients of the Trust, associated hospitals including the dispensing of prescription
- To assist in the provision of a high quality 'topping up' and 'self ordering' distribution service of pharmaceutical supplies to wards, clinics and associated areas.
- To assist in the provision of a high quality stores service to the dispensary, wards, clinics and associated areas.
- To ensure that stock levels for 'topped up' areas are appropriate and that the stock is in date and appropriately rotated.
- In association with the senior technician, ward/department manager and specialist pharmacists to ensure that stock lists are updated and adequately reflect the needs of the area.
- CX ONLY: To cover for the over-labelling assistant when on annual leave.
- To undertake day to day housekeeping tasks and other basic duties as per section rota’s.
- To assist in the filling of the automated dispensing system (robot) and associated stock taking tasks.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You’ll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community. Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.