NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
We are offering a fixed term post for a clinical pharmacist to deliver pharmaceutical care as part of a multi-professional team to optimise quality, evidence-based and cost-effective use of medicines. The post will provide aspects of the pharmacotherapy service. We are keen to hear from people who would wish to work on a part time or full time basis.
We are looking for enthusiastic and proactive individuals to join us. You will have relevant experience of pharmacy practice, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and good IT skills. You will join an established pharmacy team responsible for delivering high quality medicines management and clinical pharmacy input to a range of primary care settings.
You will have a Masters degree in Pharmacy or equivalent and be on the practising register of the General Pharmaceutical Council. You should have a relevant postgraduate qualification in clinical pharmacy or equivalent experience. Ideally you will be an independent prescriber or be willing to undertake this.
The post will involve travelling to a number of locations so a full, current driving licence and use of own car for work purposes is essential.Informal enquiries to: Fiona H Thomson;
tel: 07881 842363 ;
Additional Information For Candidates
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser "Google Chrome" or "Microsoft Edge" when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland