Join our team of pharmacy experts and provide safe and effective medication preparation and distribution to all clinical units and outpatient areas here at Humber River Hospital.
At Humber River Hospital, our Pharmacy department plays a pivotal role in ensuring the safe distribution and service of medications to patients which facilitates successful patient treatment outcomes in compliance with legal, regulatory and accreditation standards. The management and distribution of our medications is critical in ensuring we are able to consistently deliver the high-quality, safe care that we are known for. As we continue to grow our pharmacy operations, we are seeking a Registered Pharmacist to join our team.
Are you a qualified Registered Pharmacist, comfortable with technology and a strong team player who can work effectively in conjunction with fellow Pharmacists and other team members? Are you able to provide compassionate patient centered care? If you answered yes to the questions above, we invite you to read the details below and apply to this exciting career opportunity at Humber River Hospital. Reporting Relationship:
Manager, Pharmacy Services. Hourly Salary:
$45.95 - $56.78 Availability
: Available to work rotating shifts (Monday to Friday, Weekends & Statutory Holidays). Part time and Temporary Part time staff are required to provide availability and be available for 3-4 shifts per week including weekends per operational need s.
May require travel among all HRH sitesPosition Responsibilities
- Responsible for the provision of clinical pharmacy services for the purpose of achieving definite outcomes to improve the patients’ quality of life.
- Other “drug use control” responsibilities, including review of physician’s orders, creation and maintenance of computerized patient medication profiles, IV admixture, TPN, Pediatric and chemotherapy preparation, drug information , Drug Therapy Monitoring and adverse drug reaction reporting.
- Computer Provider Order Entry (CPOE) and verification of prescriptions in the MEDITECH system, clinical pharmacotherapy monitoring, checking of chemotherapy, and selective medications dispensing.
- Other duties as assigned
Hours of work:
- Bachleor of Science in Pharmacy required. Pharm D an asset
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists required – Part A.
- Previous hospital experience in unit dose and/or IV additive preferred.
- Hospital residency program or equivalent an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize a consistent and varied workload.
- Ability to direct and teach staff.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills required, in order to facilitate effective communication with patients, peers, other health care providers, and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prevent and resolve drug related problems.
- Good understanding of change management; must be able to identify change needs and proactively act on those needs.
- Effective negotiation and conflict management/ resolution skills required.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Available to work rotating shifts (Monday to Friday, Weekends & Statutory Holidays)
These vacancies will be filled in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and Ontario Public Service Employee Union Local 590. Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care, as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and encompass our values of Compassion , Professionalism and Respect . People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group
hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Humber River Hospital is a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network
(TAHSN), which is a dynamic network of academic health organizations providing leading edge research, teaching and clinical care.
We have collaborated with TAHSN member institutions in addressing the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our membership in TAHSN supports our strategic pillar of advancing Humber River Hospital as a community academic hospital.
Humber River Hospital was the recipient of the 2021 Excellence in Patient Safety Award
by the Canadian College of Health Leaders. This award recognizes teams that are committed to improving patient safety within a healthcare environment, through leadership, innovation, culture, and best practises.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it is our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community
. Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis