Are you ready for a great opportunity to work within medicines management services and maintaining a clinical specialty with a 50:50 split?
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated pharmacist who wants to be an integral part of the Medicines Management Team yet remain at the cutting edge of the clinical pharmacy service. Recently shortlisted by the Trust for a Clinical Team Excellence Award, pharmacy is recognised as a key enabler, supporting improvements in patient flow, whilst providing high quality patient care and experience.
You will provide support to the professional and operational aspects of medicines management, including decision-making for new medicines and clinical guidance; and the management of systems to support safe and effective non-medical prescribing, and administration of medicines under patient group directions (PGDs).
The permanent clinical commitment will be mutually agreed based on opportunities within our Trust clinical service and the individual.
The post holder will
- Provide support, at a highly specialist level on the professional and operational aspects of the medicines management function.
- Support the development, adherence and evaluation of the hospital formulary.
- Review and approve the medicines aspects of clinical guidance and new hospital-only medicines.
- Support the development and monitoring of Trust policies for a range of medicines management functions.
- Contribute to decision-making via the WUTH Drug and Therapeutics Panel.
- Provide a range of communications to ensure up to date accessible information on medicines decisions and guidance.
- Represent the Trust at the Cheshire and Merseyside APC subgroups.
- Contribute to an agreed and permanent clinical area within the Trust.
You will be self-motivated and organised with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will be able to work effectively alone and as part of a team.
All new colleagues can expect to receive a warm and friendly Wirral welcome from the very first time they make contact with us. We are described as “competent and caring staff” by our patients.
Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is situated on The Wirral peninsula which has a stunning coastline and beautiful countryside surroundings, with great activities for its residents.
We are one of the largest and busiest acute Trusts in the North West of England, comprising of the Wirral’s only Emergency Department. We provide a high quality range of acute care services and employ over 6,000 staff, who serve a population of approximately 400,000 people across Wirral, Ellesmere Port, Neston, North Wales and the wider North West footprint.
We have approximately 855 beds trust-wide and our financial turnover is in excess of £337m.
The Wirral is easily accessible with excellent transport links including motorway, train, bus or ferry and within easy reach to the major cities of Liverpool, Chester and Manchester as well as neighbouring North Wales.
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Debra Jones Job title: Pharmacy Office Manager Email address: email@example.com Telephone number: 0151 604 7416
Please telephone the above number and Admin will transfer your call to the lead for the post.