Click here to apply as an internal applicant. Req ID: 152984
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Eastern Zone, St. Martha's Regional Hospital Department: PHAR Pharmacy Clinical SMRH
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT ( 100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Status: CUPE Healthcare Position
Posting Closing Date: 19-May-23
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We’re on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there's a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with an Nova Scotia Health role means you'll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.About The Opportunity
Under the direct supervision of both the Manager Clinical Services, and the Pharmacy Manager of Operations, this pharmacist will participate in the provision of direct pharmaceutical care to inpatients/outpatients as a member of the interdisciplinary care team. Duties include patient counseling, medication monitoring, student mentoring, drug utilization reviews, liaison with Community Pharmacists and education/drug information. The Pharmacist participates in any clinical pharmacy research in which the Clinical Division Manager is involved.About You
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Graduate of a recognized School of Pharmacy
- Eligible for the registration with the Nova Scotia College of Pharmacists required
- Completion of a Hospital pharmacy residency program and/or equivalent related direct patient care experience (minimal 2 years) in a hospital setting is preferred
- Knowledge of medication patient safety therapeutics required
- Knowledge of medication patient safety concepts an asset
- Experience in evidence based clinical research an asset
- Strong teaching ability/experience required
- Experience in critical appraisal of scientific literature required
- Proven effective oral and written communication skills required
- Experience as a member of a multidisciplinary healthcare team required
- Ability to prioritize work responsibilities and to work well under time pressures required
- Demonstrated interest in professional development and lifelong learning required
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
Please ensure your resume is up to date and includes all relevant education, experience, training, and certifications.Hours
Compensation and Incentives
- Permanent / 100% FTE / 75 Hours Bi-weekly
$43.46 - $52.98 Hourly
Successful candidates may be eligible for our benefits package which includes health, dental, travel, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage as well as a defined benefit pension plan. Once You've Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Healthcare bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
Preferred candidates must be able to demonstrate proof of primary series of COVID -19 vaccine at time of hire.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotian, Persons of Colour, Foreign Nationals/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply and self-identify. Follow Us!