The post holder will work as part of a dedicated pharmacy team to lead, provide and develop specialist clinical pharmacy services to the Acute Frailty and Care of Older People wards. The post holder will also support the Principal Pharmacist for acute and emergency medicine in managing the team. The post holder will liaise between wards, departments and pharmacy to ensure that pharmacy services are tailored to meet the Care Groups needs wherever possible.
The Main Responsibilities Of The Post Holder Will Be
- Deputise for the Principal Pharmacist – acute and emergency medicine.
- Act as a specialist role model and an expert in the medical management of patients within Acute Frailty and Care of Older People wards.
- Lead and manage clinical pharmacy services to the Acute Frailty and Care of Older People wards in conjunction with the Principal Pharmacist.
- Act as a pharmacist independent prescriber.
- Ensure a high level of clinical pharmacy input to the care of patients.
- Actively participate in multidisciplinary ward rounds.
- Provide education and training of healthcare professionals within and outside the Trust.
- Regular financial reporting, drug usage and expenditure forecasting, and drug budget management.
- To work with the Principal Pharmacist to extend the boundaries of professional practice within the Care Group.
- To deputise for the Principal Pharmacist for acute and emergency medicine as necessary.
- To lead clinical pharmacy services for patients treated within the Care Group in conjunction with the Principal Pharmacist.
- To propose and implement policies and procedures designed to improve the pharmacy service to patients in the Trust in conjunction with the Principal Pharmacist in line with national and international consensus guidelines.
- To lead and comment on policy and service changes and plans within the clinical pharmacy service and to contribute to, and participate in, pharmacy service developments in line with departmental and Trust policy
- To attend Care Group meeting
- To act as a specialist practitioner within the field and as an expert pharmacist in Acute Frailty and Care of Older People.
- To promote and deliver pharmaceutical care for Acute Frailty and Care of Older People patients and more generally for all patients.
- To liaise with other Pharmacists, Doctors and GPs to ensure efficient transfer of clinical and medicines management issues
- To support the Principal Pharmacist in monitoring drug expenditure within the Care Group
- To lead, coach and manage the performance of the junior staff in line with good people management practices
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching Trusts with a turnover of c£1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 15,000 staff based across South East London. The Trust provides a full range of local and specialist services across its five sites. The trust-wide strategy of Strong Roots, Global Reach is our Vision to be BOLD, Brilliant people, Outstanding care, Leaders in Research, Innovation and Education, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do. By being person-centred, digitally-enabled, and focused on sustainability, we aim to take Team King’s to another level.
We are at a pivotal point in our history and we require individuals who are ready to join a highly professional team and make a real, lasting difference to our patients and our people.
King’s is committed to delivering Sustainable Healthcare for All via our Green Plan. In line with national Greener NHS ambitions, we have set net zero carbon targets of 2040 for our NHS Carbon Footprint and 2045 for our NHS Carbon Footprint Plus. Everyone’s contribution is required in order to meet the goals set out in our Green Plan and we encourage all staff to work responsibly, minimising their contributions to the Trust’s carbon emissions, waste and pollution wherever possible
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Alexandra Morris Job title: Principal Pharmacist -Acute and Emergency Medicine Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone number: 02032997026