Pharmacy Healthcare Assistant
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 1pm.
22.5 hours a week
We are looking for an applicant to provide a friendly, caring and professional service to our customers. Excellent communication skills are needed to ascertain customer needs whether this be purchasing medicines, seeking advice or collecting prescriptions within the pharmacy.
You will need to work effectively as part of a hardworking team in a busy fast paced environment, be able to prioritise a varied workload and effectively multi-task.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Follow till processes including sales of over the counter medication and pharmacy merchandise, cashing up, running reports and completing cash sheets weekly.
- Follow the sale of medicines protocol and use the 2WHAM questioning technique
- Provide advice to patients on the use of medicines as well as general health and lifestyle matters.
- Receive and hand out prescriptions under the supervision of the Responsible Pharmacist.
- Collect necessary prescription charges and ensure that the patient declaration on the reverse of prescription is correctly filled in and signed by the patient or representative.
- Order sufficient stock in line with company procedures to meet customer demand whilst minimising losses due to date expiry.
- Maintain attractive looking displays that are tidy and pulled forward. Implement any price changes or promotions.
- Undertake all necessary housekeeping duties so that sales and back shop areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Process invoices and paperwork in a timely manner following company procedures.
- Participate in the delivery of any additional services (stop smoking advice, blood pressure testing etc) for which you will have received adequate training.
- Accurately labelling and dispensing prescription against a prescription.
Previous pharmacy or retail experience is an advantage although we are willing to train the right candidate. We will pay for and support you to complete the Healthcare Assistant course as part of your training.
Job Type: Part-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Store discount
Work Location: In person