The Pharmacy Department has an opportunity for a
CLINICAL PHARMACIST, ASP
PERMANENT FULL TIME
75 Hours Bi-Weekly – Days/Evenings, including some weekends
(Shifts may be subject to change)
OPSEU 583 Hourly Pay Rate: $ 43.60 - $57.34
This is a combined position to provide direct patient care pharmacy services to designated programs and to assume the role of the Antibiotic Stewardship Program Pharmacist.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in relevant rounds and care conferences to ensure safe and appropriate prescribing decisions are made, patient outcomes are monitored and adverse drug events are prevented
- Participate in departmental medication management projects and Pharmacy clinical programs
- Conduct the formal process of medication reconciliation for designated Hospital programs
- Provide education to Pharmacy students as per the requirements of the Faculties of Pharmacy (University of Toronto and University of Waterloo)
- Participate in the Accreditation Process and ensure compliance with relevant standards
Responsibilities for the Antibiotic Stewardship Program:
- Adapt/develop and implement guidelines for the treatment of diseases and selected drugs common in the Baycrest population with input from ID specialist and Baycrest champion physician(s)
- Educate clinical staff on new guidelines in workshop format and smaller sessions as well as act as resource in the area of antimicrobial usage for the clinical team
- Conduct utilization reviews, audits of antimicrobial interventions and report on established metrics in collaboration with the ID specialist and Baycrest champion physician(s). Identify changes and be the lead to implement changes
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Hospital pharmacy residency from an accredited institution or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (completed or in progress of completing within the year) required.
- Current license to practice as a Pharmacist from the Ontario College of Pharmacists (Part A)
- Minimum of two (2) years of Hospital pharmacy experience
- Experience in Antimicrobial Management (ASP) an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of the interdisciplinary team
- Self-motivation, excellent communication and organizational skills are required
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Well-developed critical appraisal, critical thinking skills and an approach to work that is detail oriented and analytical
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Self-motivation, excellent communication and organization skills are required
- Ensures best practices are implemented and maintained to enhance patient safety and care
Please submit your application online through the Baycrest intranet. Failure to include your resume may affect your candidacy for this position. All communication related to this job posting will be sent to the email address used to submit your application.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences
are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com or 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen and submit proof of two doses of vaccination against COVID-19, unless exempt. Such exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.