Summary of the Process Development Scientist role
As the Process Development Scientist you will work across all stages from early research (non-GMP) through to full development of processes for clinical trials manufacture (cGMP regulated).
Due to growth and expansion, we currently have opportunities for Process Development Scientists to join our team. The positions are laboratory based and you will spend 80% of your time in the laboratory and 20% in the office. Support and training will be provided to upskill the successful candidates and is an excellent opportunity for graduates with bio(chemistry) experience to gain knowledge and experience in a rapidly growing and innovative field.
You will work in a fast paced, project centric environment and will have direct client contact. Our ideal candidate would be someone who enjoys rising to new challenges and who holds a positive can-do attitude.
Requirements for the role
- Performing the conjugation of small molecules (e.g. cytotoxins and chelators) and polymers to antibodies and proteins using a number of chemical and enzymatic conjugation techniques.
- Characterising manufactured antibody and protein conjugates using HPLC and mass spectrometry.
- Presenting data to clients and internal scientific teams.
- Keeping accurate records and documenting experimental results in laboratory notebooks.
- Planning you own work to meet project objectives in a timely manner.
- Taking part in laboratory housekeeping and contributing to general maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Performing tasks accurately following protocols (standard operating procedures (SOPs) and risk assessments) in compliance with health and safety procedures.
- Embodying our company values, which are: be reliable, be caring, be transparent and be willing.
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry / Protein Biochemistry or related Science discipline.
- Demonstrable hands-on laboratory experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Protein conjugation / modification.
- Protein downstream purification - chromatography and TFF.
- Protein physicochemical analysis - specifically HPLC and Mass Spectrometry.
- Must be a team player with proven experience of working within a high performing team.
- Scientific mindset with problem solving skills and have the drive to see issues to a successful resolution.
- Excellent communication skills, organisational skills and with a good eye for detail.
How you will be rewarded
Be caring. Be transparent. Be willing. Be reliable.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including bonus, pension scheme, private healthcare, Engagement Hub, cycle to work scheme, death in service coverage, on-site health and wellbeing support including medical consultations and physiotherapy, 24/7 employee assistance programme, employee referral scheme, sports and social club as well as opportunity for training and further career development.
Why consider Sterling?
Sterling Pharma Solutions is a global contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) with more than 50 years' experience in developing and manufacturing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). This is complemented by Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) research and development bioconjugation services.
We are a fast growing, dynamic business with facilities in the UK, US and Europe, where we employ more than 1300 talented and passionate people who support our customers in bringing new medicines to market, improving and saving the lives of patients.
Our culture and our way of working is what really sets us apart as a business; we aim to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers and our employees. You can expect to be part of a supportive team, all working towards a shared goal: to deliver first-class science and service to our customers every day.
How to apply
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Sterling Pharma Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.