In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Pharmacy Site Coordinator or designate and under the supervision of the Site and/or Clinical Coordinator, the Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for providing clinical pharmacy services and pharmaceutical care for the majority of the time.QUALIFICATIONS:Education, Training And Experience
Licensed by, or eligible for licensing by the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia. Completion of an Accredited Pharmacy Residency or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Skills And Abilities
Link To Full Job Description
- Ability to identify and resolve drug therapy problems.
- Ability to apply clinical knowledge and make sound decisions with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a multidisciplinary health care team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, other health practitioners, as well as patients and family members.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the Employer's primary language of business both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be self-directed, to organize and prioritize workload and to complete tasks with accuracy, precision and dependability.
- Ability to teach.
- Ability to operate related equipment, including utilizing a variety of standard computerized office software applications.
- Ability to physically and emotionally carry out the duties of the position.