In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Pharmacy Site Coordinator or designate, the Staff Pharmacist provides drug distribution, basic drug information, medication dosage adjustments and patient counseling.QUALIFICATIONS:Education, Training And Experience
Licensed by, or eligible for Licensing by the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.Skills And Abilities
Link To Full Job Description
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the multidisciplinary health care team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal and professional working relationships with patients/clients and staff.
- Ability to exercise tact, good judgment.
- Ability to foster and promote good public relations.
- Ability to physically and emotionally carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment, including a computer utilizing a variety of software applications.